+2 +1 aftermarket A arms good ones vs bad ones?

DBR06Banshee10

Stay away from arms with heim joints.

• Like 3

Stay away from arms with heim joints.

Whats the reasoning for this? other than heims seem to squeek a little more if you don't lubricate them. I always ran balljoints and switched to heims on my last set of a-arms and I like them. Just curious for the reasoning of saying to stay away from them. 

Whats the reasoning for this? other than heims seem to squeek a little more if you don't lubricate them. I always ran balljoints and switched to heims on my last set of a-arms and I like them. Just curious for the reasoning of saying to stay away from them.

Unless you NEED a heim for an adjustment reason like on a full race bike application, I would stick with a traditional bushing ball join set up.

Heims are noisy and make a bike sound like a piece of shit that mihht be stored outside under a tarp. Lube them and the lube just attracts dirt. Every squeek you hear is wear. Tought to impress people with a machine if every fidget you make causes a high pitched metalic squeek.

LONESTAR SPORT ARMS FTW!

Unless you NEED a heim for an adjustment reason like on a full race bike application, I would stick with a traditional bushing ball join set up.

Heims are noisy and make a bike sound like a piece of shit that mihht be stored outside under a tarp. Lube them and the lube just attracts dirt. Every squeek you hear is wear. Tought to impress people with a machine if every fidget you make causes a high pitched metalic squeek.

LONESTAR SPORT ARMS FTW!

Understandable, I was just making sure there wasn't any other reasoning for avoiding using them. I have heard some that were not taken care of and man were they loud. I have found tho if you keep up with maintenance and lubricate them often they aren't bad. This isnt a big deal for me since I clean and maintain my bike very often but for someone that just likes to ride hard and put their shit away wet I can see where it would be a problem. I have had great luck with mine and prefer them over ball joints in most cases. Another one of the "to each their own" things in my opinion. 

To the OP, no matter what you do, heim joints will squeak eventually tho. I take care of mine and they still squeak some. If you don't mind it (which I don't) then I wouldnt rule out the heim joint option. If you do then I would stick with ball joints. 

Majority of arms with heims use sub par junk anywho. I've looked at several and there's no way I'd trust my life with them no matter how "fine" they work. And for the most part I don't like my life so....

I also run the lsr sport arms.

Lonestar

Alba

But ultimately people just by the cheapest set regardless of other peoples input. LOL

Well my cousin has ball joints and his bike still squeak so that dont really matter to me as much i just wanted to know which were actually better i wanted the mx look but i trail ride/ race in the woods and i do drag a lil just to talk a lil s#it to have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk