Washed It And..........

Awhile ago i washed my banshee after a day of riding, i let it cool down and then washed it from head to toe. Well after letting it dry, i took it for another ride, well i was hauling down a strightaway, and then it started to spit and sputter. So i put it away pissed that i am having another problem( 5 or 6 weeks before i had to buy a stator, because it was spittin and sputterin, that fixed it) well about 2 weeks later i went back out to see if it was still doin it, it was! So i cleaned my airfilter, gave it a compression test ( same # as always ) got new plugs, gets good spark,new gas, cleaned intakes, unplugged tors, and checked reeds. Well all that was good, does anybody have any idea?

Here are the symptoms i have to rev the piss out of it to take of at first, it dogs out and spits and sputters, backfires a little, but idles perfectly. To sum it up, it acts like its not getting enough gas, or missing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man....sounds damn near exactly like my problem...but my problem is only at WOT, idle, half to 3/4 throttle shee revs fine,...just at WOT shee backfires & spits, sputters....See my post about 'Cracked Reeds' in this section of the forum. I'm at a loss,...I'm going to try swapping the coil out, and maybe my stator--but it's damn near brand new still. Before when my stator went out there were no warning signs, no problems. Just wouldn't start after I shut it off after a normal ride until it was replaced. So if you figure yours out, let me know what it was because it could be the exact same problem I'm having... :(

The way the TORS operates when the slides stick is that if the slide(s) stick, and the throttle lever is returned to idle, (ie. you letting off) it will cut the ignition, because you obviously don't want any fuel being drawn into the motor, and it is stuck open. But, if you are trying to accelerate, and it spits and sputters, it is most likely not the TORS. Unless the parking brake is on, but if that was the case, you wouldn't be going anywhere.....

fixitrod....I checked for leaks, didn't do a vaccum test though, may look into that. I replaced the intake boots because there were some weathered cracks in the bottoms...but after taking them off I saw that the cracks were not all the way through the boot. After installing everything & starting her again I sprayed around the boots with some ether & shee didn't rev at all. So i dunno. I'm almost sure it's electrical...will have to find some time to play with it more & find out. It's nice having a spare banshee for these types of problems... ;)