Under the seat fuel storage

ban99

I have been in need of some extra fuel storage and hated the idea of strapping a jug to the back of my bike or running one of those giant clark tanks and I also did not want to have to stop to fill the bike up. What I came up with will hold 1.25 gallons and is fed by the main tank and in return feeds the carbs. Sorry I do not have the carbs hooked up for the full visual but I have loaned them out. After having built this first one I believe I can build something that could hold between 2 - 2.5 gallons.

IMG_1926_zps760758e5.jpg

IMG_1939_zps4beaba98.jpg

IMG_1934_zps7ed2f829.jpg

IMG_1933_zps76e0b17a.jpg

• Like 3

Wouldn't you want more of an angle to keep the fuel towards the front closer to the carbs. Maybe it's the picture but hitting steep hills and running out won't be good just because the fuel is sitting in the back if the tank.

Either way great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hp2000

Wouldn't you want more of an angle to keep the fuel towards the front closer to the carbs. Maybe it's the picture but hitting steep hills and running out won't be good just because the fuel is sitting in the back if the tank.

Kind of hard to see in the picture but I built in a small sump just for that reason, it's where I have the petcock bolted. Internally there is a baffle to keep the fuel in the sump on inclines. These are all great questions that I tried to address as I was building it but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1