Race Gas In A Shee

chrome112

I cant remember which Line up of Vp race fuel it was, maybe C12 but it was a highly oxygenated fuel, which cannot be used in competition, like Dirtbikes in The AMA. It seemed this fuel on a dyno, produced 1 hp on top end and pulled the power from 11000 RPMS to 12000 RPMS i believe. This was on a Two stroke dirt bike. Would this actually benefit a banshee in the same way with maybe pipes alone? Basically stock, Just for future reference :blink::ph34r:

I know that, no offense. But A dirtbike mag, recent i think october, cant remember which one lol, anyways it was dyno testing the different race gas's on stock two stroke bikes like the Yz KX cr and rm, anyways the oxygen one is which picked up all the power on top, but dirtbikes are far more tuned from factory with ignition timing and compression.

the reason behind racing fuels is that you need the higher octane to resist pre-ignition and detonation. Race fuel alone will not yield any seat of the pants gains on an otherwise stock biike. However, if you bump the compresison up, you better be finding some, or you will be doing a teardown when you blow a hole through the top of the piston. MX bikes are a whole different ball game than a wheeler. They are up there in the compression range from the factory, and have advanced tiing curves unseen by any wheeler stock for stock. Race fuel may have worked like you posted for a stock MX bike, but on a wheeler, it just isn't gonna happen the same....

Race fuels are used for reliability purpouses almost exclusively. Race fuel has the exact same BTU value as normal gasoline, but deters detonation and hot spots in high compression engines. Justintoxicated, if your referring to what to use in your bike, 110 octane at 50/50 mix with pump fuel for now. And honestly, on your engine that might be a little overkill. but you can just flog the crap out of that engine all day long if jetted properly and be safe. And THAT is what it's all about..well worth the cost...Jim