YGR Port Work

Started a little port work on a stock cylinder i received from HQ members who sold them to me for this purpose. Got the exhaust close to where I want it, a few minor adjustments to it and it will be finished. Intake is cut in, just need to put some finishing touches on it and clean it up a bit more. The transfer tunnels are pretty well done for now, just waiting on my right angle tool so i can finish the transfer ports and then we will see what it looks like all finished up! Here are some pics for now.

NOTE:: We are NOT taking cylinders for in house port work yet! I am not comfortable offering these services until we have a little dyno time and real world time on them. Rather be safe than sorry.

Anyhow here are some pics of the rough cuts I have going on so far. ( I played with sanding and polishing the exhaust a little, no point seeing as its not finished yet but what the hell).

20140130_173258.jpg

20140130_190334.jpg

20140130_190325.jpg

20140130_190518.jpg

I liked leaving the transfer tunnels not so hogged out. (No pun intended). My theory is velocity.

Thats my point as well, i like the idea of velocity and a very well shaped tunnel. Im sure I will experiment with the transfers more but for now, we'll try em out and if we work em a little more, thats fine too. Better to less off for now. Once its gone cant put it back lol.

Exhaust looks good. Looks like the left intake window is cut higher than the right.

Theres still some material blocking the port from the angle in that pic. They are very close and will be finished exactly the same.

My comp was acting up on me b4 what I was trying to get at is if your ordering a 90 tool check out cc specialties. This is the best equipment for small engine porting I have ever put to metal , game changer ! Air tools will ripple aluminum more then cc set up , motor has rev on it so u can use left handed bit in tight transf areas to prevent chatter

chatter is a bitch...

i used to think velocity is the deal on these not volume.  my recent readings in a few real books ( not gordons) kinda changed my idears.  you need volume AND velocity..  it takes a LOT of work in the transfers to acheive this.  the result tho is a lot more tq in the lower rpm ranges  and a definate boost in the upper rpm's  instead of a peaky power output..

the exhaust shape is perfect for a real rider!

Thanks. Yes I am using CC specialties tools to get this work done. Chatter is a bitch and very hard to contorl. CC's foot control helps with that A LOT. I am happy with results so far. I will have a set good to go for us here in the shop setup as a dune / play port. I have a few more guys lined up to try our work for us. One here on HQ. I am happy to be taking these steps and anxious to see what kind of power we can make.

Here is a pic of a general "clean up" port on an intake. No port timing changes, just a general clean up of the intake on a stock banshee cylinder. Bridge is not perfect but this is for general reference purposes - this intake will become modified more as well.

20140130_221433.jpg

chatter is a bitch...

i used to think velocity is the deal on these not volume.  my recent readings in a few real books ( not gordons) kinda changed my idears.  you need volume AND velocity..  it takes a LOT of work in the transfers to acheive this.  the result tho is a lot more tq in the lower rpm ranges  and a definate boost in the upper rpm's  instead of a peaky power output..

the exhaust shape is perfect for a real rider!

I have to agree with this statement increase flow without letting velocity fall off too much.