Bunch of issues please help

Abstract

Alright sorry guys hahaha I'm still learning, I've got more info then another question.

So I had rented a compression tester from auto parts to check my compression at I got the readings stated above, my buddy brought me his snap on compression tester from work and it's reading 110 psi each cylinder, I feel allot better with that, but obviously it's a little on the low side since I've read I should be in 130 psi range at sea level

Now my question is would it smart or dumb idea to get a cool head so I can switch the domes to get higher compression readings? I read that stock shee at 130 psi with 19cc domes will be at about 169 psi obviously needing race fuel, so I was wondering if I can compensate with a cool head with a dome size that will out me at about 130-140 psi? Thanks for the patience uman your a gentlemen and a banshee scholar lmao

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the sentiment but I'm actually fairly new to the banshee field(2 years) compared to many on here. I do have a shit ton of experience with mechanics in general, small engines, 2 & 4 cycle as well as automobiles. ive been working on junk for almost 25 years now. And to answer your question yes a cool-head would definitely gain you a few hp while still using pump gas. Although with out a welded crank adding compression will add to the chance of twisting your crank out of phase. also your altitude will change what domes you can safely use and still remain in the pump gas category. 21cc domes is probably what your looking at if your around sea-level. as you go up in altitude you will be able to use smaller domes.

Also you could just have your head milled by a professional and save some money.

below is a dome chart per elevation

th_Untitled_zps10095a26.png

Appreciate the sentiment but I'm actually fairly new to the banshee field(2 years) compared to many on here. I do have a shit ton of experience with mechanics in general, small engines, 2 & 4 cycle as well as automobiles. ive been working on junk for almost 25 years now. And to answer your question yes a cool-head would definitely gain you a few hp while still using pump gas. Although with out a welded crank adding compression will add to the chance of twisting your crank out of phase. also your altitude will change what domes you can safely use and still remain in the pump gas category. 21cc domes is probably what your looking at if your around sea-level. as you go up in altitude you will be able to use smaller domes.

Also you could just have your head milled by a professional and save some money.

below is a dome chart per elevation

th_Untitled_zps10095a26.png

lol yea im only 22 years old going on 23, i have allot of background with mechanics, ive always been very curious and i live by, what i can learn and do myself i will instead of paying some one else to do it, theres more pride in building and fixing broken things on your own.. 

back to topic enough about me, i dont want to exceed the point in wich i have to use race fuel, me and my buds do allot of recreational riding and race fuel is expensive so i dont want to go that route, i find myself cringing when they ring up the big bottle of castor 927 at my local motorsports store, hahaha ive used only castor 927 on my old banshee to my jetskis and my dirt bike, oil itself gets expensive.. im planning on doing a cheap rebuild in the next month or 2, by cheap i mean .050 over pistons or a little bigger with all new gaskets, quality parts ofcourse, you get what you pay for. right now im more focused on picking up a frame with a title, most places we're 'allowed' to ride here in florida require registration on the bikes, so i really want to tackle that first, picked up my shee as it was for $1600 without title, then a rebuild, and then im more interested in handling and traction and comfort before i really start hauling ass, its like race cars, the more power you have the better suspension you need to utilize it and better brakes to stop it..

Don't over bore you cylinders any more then needed to clean them up to spec. little hp is gained from increased piston size compared to porting.  If you bore them big then you wont have any room to bore them again if something fails. Shit happens things break then your searching for new cylinders. Suspension is the best mod you can do to these bikes. A arms shocks and swinger can make it feel like a whole different machine.