Coolant leak after rebuild

Newcs222

I just finished rebuilding the bottom and top end on my shee. Had a problem getting fuel into the jugs and finally by dumping some gas into the jugs it fired up. No I was in the process on seating the rings when i noticed coolant leaking from what looks like the bottom of the jugs exhaust side. Does the bottom jug gasket seal coolant or just air? Can coolant be leaking from here? The head doesn't appear to be leaking. Is there anywhere else to check? It idles perfect. Thanks

Happened to my friends, we left the rubber plugs out of the bottom, it was our first build and forgot about them. We put stop leak in it and it worked but don't do that just pull them and put it in them. Your local yamaha dealer should have some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf?!

Is this a cheetah? All cylinders will have some sort of casting plug near where your leak is either pull the plugs clean very good whole cylinder in hot soapy water , blow dry , coat cylinder sleeves in lubricant coat water jacket plugs in threebond 1211 install , let dry for 24 hrs b4 putting fluid back in.

Since I'm sure you didn't, I would do a leakdown test BEFORE you tear it apart.

do you recommend buying one or just making one? I didn't even think to do a leak down test. Just watched it on YouTube. So I wouldn't be able to tell if I'm running lean from just a idle stand point?

Is this a cheetah? All cylinders will have some sort of casting plug near where your leak is either pull the plugs clean very good whole cylinder in hot soapy water , blow dry , coat cylinder sleeves in lubricant coat water jacket plugs in threebond 1211 install , let dry for 24 hrs b4 putting fluid back in.

it's not a cheetah. Just a stock set of jugs with a 1mm over bore.