Silver Lake

It's been a while, but the last I heard Silver Lake was hit or miss with sound levels and they required sparkies. Is it all the same? I was always to paranoid to make the 6 hour trip only to be turned away at the gate because my bike was too loud. What's the deal nowadays?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They require real sparkys. Can't get around that.

As for sound, they only test randomly. In the last 15 years I've only been tested twice. They have never tested my big 10mill drag bike. They did however let me pass and then stop the next bike (my wife's 370 dune ported bike with FMF'S)

She tested 97db (they have a 94db limit with a 3db leeway) So she made it in fine.

If you KNOW your bike won't pass soundcheck.....just truck it in.

Silver Lake sucks, way too many people at any given time.... If you want to come to MI and ride you're better off going to Mio and riding the Huron National Forest (Bull Gap) if you go during the week no one is up there... Plus, the DNR office in Mio is closed on Wednesday, so you can run anything you want no issues.... And, Mio allows ATV's on the roads into town for gas and restaurants... Personally I hate riding when there are hundreds of other people around, crowds cause problems and accidents...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Holiday weekends are a blast! If you don't plan it right you'll be one of the ppl complaining about holiday weekends. If you need holiday weekend advise pm me.

As for least busy April 1- before memorial day and after labor day weekend till Halloween. Summer time weekends can be hit or miss but not bad at all.

when would you guys say is the best time to go? Like minimum amout of people? I want to make a weekend trip but i hear holiday weekends are crazy.

I've got dates posted in the rides section and all of them are on NON-HOLIDAY weekends. Come join us.