Toomey t5 jet size

hpemk1

Are you using lid on airbox? Stock box with lid and snorkle suffocate the hell out of your engine and it won't breathe well nor get the full potential of the new pipes will also be a determining factor on jet sizes aswell as temperature and elevation

I'm running a standard box but was going to drill holes in the lid or should I get rid of the lid altogether? I'm 275ft above sea level and its normally around 43 *F

I'm running standard jets the main is 240 , should I go up to 260, also should I adjust the needle?

i would i ditch the lid all together and start at 340main and work down bump the pilot to 30 may be a little rich but better safe then sorry. stock needle clip should be fine. i run 300s with FMF pipes but what cold weather riding i did do wasn't any wot really as i wasn't ice racing just casual trail cruising and i had no issues and seemed really close but i would assume Toomey's flow a little better at higher throttle. just got a set of t5s for my trail bike but haven't installed them to check jetting yet.

http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html gives a good baseline to start with but in the end every machine is slightly different and what works for some may not work for all so see how it runs, determine which circuit seems to be the issue and also do a plug chop to see if its perfect.

Air filter

Remove snorkel:1-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Remove airbox lid:1-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Add foam air filter:0-2 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Add K&N air filter:4-6 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add 2 into 1 Foam air filter OR dual carb-mounted foam filters (removing entire airbox, NOT in addition to removing snorkel and airbox lid above):2-4 sizes larger on mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add Dual K&N carb-mounted air filters (no airbox, NOT in addition to removing snorkel and airbox lid above):4-7 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

Add Outerwear:no change

Add TORS elimination kit:no change

Pipes

Add Pipes & silencers (all except 2 into 1 pipes):8 sizes larger on the mains, 2 sizes larger on the pilots, adjust airscrews

Note:Some pipes, like CPI and other “drag” pipes, may need even larger mains, midrange pipes may only need one size larger on the pilots

Add 2 into 1 Pipe & silencer:4-5 sizes larger on the mains, 0-1 sizes larger on the pilots, adjust airscrews

Reeds

Add Reeds, Aftermarket reed cage, or Ported reed cage:Move needle clip one position leaner, adjust airscrews, 0-2 sizes larger on the pilots

Electrical

Add Degree key or Timing plate with advanced ignition timing:0-1 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Switch coil wires (A lot of Banshees come from the factory with the orange positive wire on the “-“ terminal of the coil, and the black ground wire on the “+” terminal of the coil, switching the wires would put orange on “+” and black on “-“):0-1 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Add Aftermarket ignition system:4-8 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews