2014 Windy City Dune Assault Squad DUNE/DIRT ride dates

Then that St. JOE ride would be the best choice. It's over 6 hour drive for me, but well worth it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did a lead remediation project in the flat drag area and afterward built a huge stone creek bed to carry water thru the park during flood season.

That creek bed goes right thru the old drag area.

There are still some really long flat open areas to drag......but I would never bother ti bring my 10mill cub bike down there to drag it. I'll stick to real dunes for that bike.

But the trails are SO AWESOME that I couldn't imagine wasting good ride time with any serious dragging. We line the bikes up 5-6 times, but we get plenty of that kinda riding Silver Lake.

• 5 weeks later...

Bump for MarineNYC

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for blast off

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for upandgone

• 1 month later...

Bump for Zack.

• 1 month later...

June Silverlake DUNE trip is coming up next.

Defiantly going to silverlake in june. Does anyone had a respectable set of paddles I can rent? Willing to throw down $20 to use them for a day.

Are you still in for this trip? Do you still need paddles?

For ANYONE who would like to come out and join us for a ride. Feel free to join in and invite as many people as you can. Anyone interested in hitting one of these spots for the first time….feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to play host to you and your group to make your first trip go smooth.

:clap:  :cheers:

Here is the official list for our bigger 2014 ride dates for both our Dune riding as well as Dirt.

Other dates may be added, but these are locked in for sure for those who need plenty of time to plan days off from work. (Get them on the calendar NOW before someone "pens you in" for some LAME baby shower/ graduation party/ kids birthday/ co-workers weeding)  ;)

APRIL 19 -  Badlands Indiana  (First dirt ride of the season. Weather pending. Some years it's still too wet/cold.)

MAY 3 -  SPRING HQ RIDE Badlands Indiana (This date has worked in the past and always gets a good turnout of people.)

MAY 16-17-18  St.Joe Missouri Spring ride  (Camping and riding right from our sites)

JUNE  20-21-22  Silver Lake Sand Dunes Michigan/West Michigan Sand Drag-way  (Duning till 4;30, then hitting the Test & Tune at the drag-strip Friday 5-9. Dunes all day Saturday. Camping at Silver Lake Resort and Campground.)

JULY 18-19-20  Silver Lake Sand Dunes Michigan/West Michigan Sand Drag-way  (Duning till 4:30, then hitting the Test & Tune at the drag-strip  Friday 5-9. Dunes all day Saturday. Camping at Silver Lake Resort and Campground.)

AUGUST  15-16-17  Silver Lake Sand Dunes Michigan  (Illinois Powersports ride. Duning all weekend. Camping at Silver Lake Resort and Campground.)

SEPTEMBER  24-25-26-27-28-29  Little Sahara Oklahoma Banshee HQ ride  (Depending on truck and trailer room….may be looking for people who want to share the drive and site. PM if interested in joining us for the 14 hour road trip.)

OCTOBER 4 -  FALL HQ RIDE Badlands Indiana  (Every year the weather predictions sound bad and every year they end up perfect ride conditions. always a good turnout too.)

OCTOBER  17-18-19-20  St.Joe Missouri Fall ride  (Camping and riding right from our sites)

Wash, clean and detail machines for winter storage and start planning next years fun.  :)