Wheelie Bar Ideas

dragbanshee98

throwing around some ideas, sketches and testing with wheelie bars. what is everyone running for bars? length from swinger, tire dimensions, rear hub setup, 3/4 bar? i was thinking 4 bar, but a 3 bar with the single one on the bottom seems to be catching my eye as well. throw up some pictures and insight on the topic if you have any

Single bar on the bottom?

that is what i was thinking. when a drag quad hooks and lifts and puts pressure on the bar tire, most of that force pushes up on the top bar and pulls on the bottom. my thought is that most of the support would be needed on the top as opposed to the bottom. if i went with 2 bars on the top, the bottom bar would simply mount to an adjustable plate on the bottom side of the top bars, then the top bars would continue a bit farther and mount the tire on the end.

Edited by dragbanshee98

I think it will turn into a rudder with a single bar on bottom.

The length we run is about 80 to 100% of the wheelbase.

interesting idea with it being a rudder. i was thinking about a 5 ft bar. chassis is stretched 13 over the front and 4 out the rear. not the lightest chassis in the world, but it hooks HARD

i already have the tire to be used for the bar, its off an open wheel on road go kart. ill just have to figure out a way to mount the 3 bolt hub for it. leaning more towards the 4 bar setup now i think, just need to get the tubing for it and start fabbing. not sure about exact 60ft times, our local tracks dont register that time, but the chassis likes to carry the front wheels through second gear and forces me to sit over the tank when launching.