Override used to shift but now won't

slobanshee

Been upgrading a SS cub. Has had an over ride in it for a while. (N down 1-5) Never had an issue. Decided to get a lockup and ditch the heavy ass springs. Put the lockup on with one nut per arm. 3 normal 3 hd springs. Take it out and it doesn't want to shift 3-4-5. Usually it'll shift 1-2 and 2-3. But it will not shift up under wot or part throttle. If u shift it a dozen times it may click to the next gear. Sometimes can't get In and out of neutral even.Any ideas? This isn't my only over ride banshee. But it's got me stumped. Checked eccentric (sp?) adjustment, clutch arm is correct. Any help would be awesome

If you didnt have the trans , shift forks out then I would of course suspect the things like shift shaft , eccentric , star , claw like you checked. Since you checked that I woukd also check to make sure a nut , bolt or washer didnt get into the trans somehow.

Make sure the arms move freely when its installed. Add some weight. (JMO) Id bet its slipping and going straight to over rev. When it over revs they won't shift. At this point Id probably pull the clutch pack and measure the plates and inspect all the steels, then kind of start over and reassemble everything making sure everything is in spec as you do it.