Keep the T5's on ss cub ?

KAMIKAZE

Hey guys been reading a bunch of topics but can't really find something specific to me

Putting together a ss cub with 33pwks and I'm not 100% sure if the t5s will hold this set up back as getting a lot of different information

I do ride trails and dunes so didn't want something that was all top end

Will sticking with these be ok or is there a lot more power/better ride ability to be had with a different pipe choice

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I picked up everywhere on my stock stroke with CPIs , then later switched to Shearers and picked up a bit more topend. Ditch the T5s they dont give a cub bottomend. Depending on fuel you will pickup quite a bit of bottomend by adding timing as well. SScubs with shearers on gas will do fine with +5 or so and the power will stay with you after numerous runs or hills. The T5s will suck balls after one or two passes due to heat in the pipe.

T-5's are Cub killers. Ditch them fast. Then a small bore pipe is your best call.

• Like 1

Yeah small bore , reguler/small flange and for low pumpgas set timing to +4. CPI's work very well on them and will be forgiving if you shift a little early. Shearers will have a slight edge up top. I liked both pipes on both my cubs honestly.

No. I picked up everywhere on my stock stroke with CPIs , then later switched to Shearers and picked up a bit more topend. Ditch the T5s they dont give a cub bottomend. Depending on fuel you will pickup quite a bit of bottomend by adding timing as well. SScubs with shearers on gas will do fine with +5 or so and the power will stay with you after numerous runs or hills. The T5s will suck balls after one or two passes due to heat in the pipe.

everything he said especially the heat soak part.

One thing to keep in mind. Domes!

My friend had a domes cut for race-gas in his 421CUB. I ordered new domes for him to go back to pump-gas. The motor made 3 horses more with pump-gas.

What I´m trying to say is, pick your domes from a good builder. I´m not trying to say, that pump-gas is better than race-gas.

I do ride trails and dunes so didn't want something that was all top end

How about get rid of the cub cylinders and try a set of serval cub cylinders? Cubs are a drag ported cylidner made for top end power. You can still have a fun broad power band serval cub that is strong in a drag race. A lot comes down to set it up, not just power.