10mm crank set up

crank works no longer sells a forged 10mm due to the amount of failures they were having (info from joe at crankworks). the billet one they sell has a larger center pin, 30mm vs 25 and i believe hot rods rods. tdr has a forged 10mm with 10 ball japanese bearings all the way down it and hot rod rods with a 25mm center pin.  he also sells the crankworks one. just passing the info.

Edited by dozer

interesting Dozer....   I bought a forged crankworks 10mil crank for my 10cub. from when I did my research a few people actually prefered the forged cranks vs billet.

i was gona go the same route, forged crankworks. then i called them and they told me they no longer sell them because of failures. i know sprinklerman hasnt had any problems with his. the tdr forged one sounds like a good option too.

good to know though regardless!

mind you im not too worried! most guys running 10mil's are running big compression / high strung set ups that tend to be tougher on a 10 crank..

my set up should be pretty cozy for the crank... lower comp (150ish) .. lower timing (4) etc... i know stuff like that makes a huge difference on engines and their duration of life

Haha. Now your just trying to convince yourself you won't have a grenade on your hands..:P