60% squish band width

cut an old set of stock stroke 23cc domes to clear a 4 mil stroker setup and it ran the squish band width up to about 60% i'm gonna give them a shot and see how it goes. but does anyone have any actual experience with the effects of a higher or lower squish band on the banshee that could share their knowledge. i've heard that some people shoot for 45% ish or 10-11 mm width. and i've heard that a small squish is more efficient at higher rpm's while a wider squish band will give more low end torque.

My first cub had a band at 65 it lowered compression and aloud me to run above normal timming with out problems but I eventually found out I had got wrong base gasket

I was running +10 on plate and a dyna box giving a lil more timming on race alky with out problems

but I would get it right the motor will be alot happier

My first cub had a band at 65 it lowered compression and aloud me to run above normal timming with out problems but I eventually found out I had got wrong base gasket

I was running +10 on plate and a dyna box giving a lil more timming on race alky with out problems

but I would get it right the motor will be alot happier

He's asking about the width of the squish band in relation to the bore size..not the clearance.

Im sure your aware that they are not 23cc anymore. you should calc your compression ratio and make sure your where you want to be. might need to open up the bowl if compression is to high. I shoot for 30-38% right now and it seems good for me. drag motor though.your right a narrower band pulls better on top in my experience.

well i got them with a chariot head that i bought off e-bay. cut them for 0.045 squish, it brought the chamber down to about 19.5 cc's which is just about perfect other than the band being 60%. ported stock cylinders for the 4-mil to 130/198. with all that it kicked out to 145 psi on a fresh build no break-in at 3500 ft i think. So i'll have to buy new domes if i want a narrower band (if i do that it'll be 18cc and race gas), which is why i am going to run them and see. But like i said, i'm just wondering if someone has run both wide and narrow bands and what the actual differences, pro's, con's and possible problems are.

i assume your intention was drag racing ?  it doesnt make much sense to have a big gap above the piston :)  . not that your .045 value wont work but i think youll have better luck alittle smaller. 50% area is a good number. theres a few other things to consider but the good part is blank domes are usually to be pretty cheap. and if you have the machine to do the cutting youll have no problem figuring out a nice combination in a short time