Place to buy Race gas or av gas

do-work-son

Care to explain...my motor has 195ish comp and +7time...i run Av gas 100octane because its cheap $5.12 per gallon...i been mixing it 70/30 with 93 pump gas to make it go farther...i can't tell any difference power wise but I'm not knocking plugs loose anymore from detonation on 93 only...

i only run drag track or a climb and park ...no longer then couple mins

matt

Everything looks good...plugs have a lil color on my jet tests ...i won't run one rich I would rather be nuetral to lean then rich...

I can't stand oil build ups around pipes and having to clean a bike out everytime it sits....you could haul mine to the track after its sit a couple weeks starts first crank good crisp throttle response...to me its the way it should be ran...parts may not last 10years but when I pull it apart it looks like new...i run 50:1 pre mix...

I can back timing down to +4 and maybe ride it for a lil longer period but its a track bike to me so it sees lil run time...i had b7es when I had the plugs rattle loose on me..i went to b8s up a size on mains and started the Av fuel its been good since...i keep a temp laser gun with me at the tracks...if I run 1pass it gets up to 160 degrees couple weeks back I took top eliminator and ran 3 passes hot lapped it got up to 210

I was told by my old fuel guy that Av fuel had retarder additive for planes and elevation I don't know if its true..

Edited by quadgod211

The guy at the airport has Av gas and jet fuel...he tells me that jet fuel is like diesel based and that the Av fuel he gets is really 130octane but clearly says 100 on the pump I told him I take the pumps word ...lol

its blue gas...av gas I use to get was clear like gasoline

Actually if you do some research you'll see that he wasn't wrong. You need to educate yourself on how the fuel is rated and he should have been a little more specific on what he ment.

I have done tons of hr of search and google on the differences and spent tons of time reading about them.. I was just looking for a place to buy either down there that was close to the dunes hate running outta fuel and haven to park a bike cause we can't find fuel

I have done tons of hr of search and google on the differences and spent tons of time reading about them.. I was just looking for a place to buy either down there that was close to the dunes hate running outta fuel and haven to park a bike cause we can't find fuel

haha. Yea nothing sucks worse than running out of fuel. Except blowing a motor I guess.