whats this banshee worth?

killer454

im sorry if I mad you guys mad I never said I was a newbi on 2-stroke engines I have a bad Yamaha xlt 1200 wave runner crank behind the pipes,i have rebuilt 3 waverunners and 1 dirtbike.i have never owned a banshee before and wanted you guys to check it out for me and maybe you could tell me something I did not know about this atv.

when I rebuilt my nephews cr125r honda bike we or I decided to send the cylinder to florida and have a steel sleave put in it,that bike did not run long and I felt bad about the rebuild I had a very hard time getting the jetting right on it.

I am going to have to check the jetting on this bike to the Honda was a nightmare im just wanting to know whats on this atv mainly engine from the pros you guys that have been into banshees for a long time.

there was dirt in the port because I found 1 carb boot halfway off dirt around it must have been like that for a long time.

I will check the rods and check for rad on the reed cage,

on the wave runners I rebuilt they did not have any aftermarket parts-all I did was buy what parts I needed and cleaned the carbs with kits and put everything back together and still running after 2 years on premix-I did not have to check any jetting.

and I think im going to keep this banshee and add it to my toys list which consist of-2012 brute force 750 mud atv-2 Yamaha wave venture waverunners 1100s rebuilt by me-1 Suzuki ltz 400-yamaha xlt 1200 waverunner not finished yet waiting for spring to start the rebuild.on it,my nephews z400 is in my garage to he blew his up this summer so I need to fix his soon head has already had new valves installed needs new piston yet.

I also picked up and artic cat 400 4x4 fis for 850.00 and decided to rebuild it

im sorry if I caused any problems and look forward to the advice on this banshee-cant wait to ride it

thankyou for the help

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out and checked the reed cage and rod for markings here is what I got.

you are right on the back of the cage it say boyseen and under it has a funky looking (rad) valve

rod-on the side of the rod it says this-vesrah-2008-9

is this aftermarket I thought the crank was stock

I was rebuilding a 1980 corvette along time ago and joined a forum on vets and just comeup with that name and keep it when I can for all other forums I join-my vet had a 350 in it

yes I have decided not to sell it,im going to keep it and add a chariot cool head with 22cc domes.and some new razer front tires

I sent the cylinders off to the machine shop yesterday for boreing

I have never rode a banshee,and im 45 years old and cant wait to see what this thing is like.

looks like a great start.  here is what i would do... IF your going to keep it..

take it all the way apart.  shave the unneeded tabs off the frame. powdercoat or paint the frame. do the same with the a-arms, swingarm and whatever else you want to do.  check EVERYTHING all bushings all bearings all ball joints etc...  IF the front shocks are leaking get them resealed ( about 80-100 bucks from works) replace ANYTHING that is loose or funky feeling.

tear the entire motor all the way down.  check the crank for looseness and the bearings for wear  if its ok  get it trued and welded. inspect EVERYTHING if anything is worn out or the intakes are cracked etc  replace it.  if your going to be at 66mm make sure whoever is boring the cylinders is very very picky on piston to wall clearance.  not going to be much fudge room there at all.  if the motor doesnt have a billet basket  GET one  if the clutch is worn REPLACE it.  reseal with OEM crank seals replace whatever other seals need it.   the reassemble the entire motor and pressure test it.  get a UMI carb synch tool.  those carbs will probably need about 27.5 slows and i would say 280-320 mains.  if it has toomey needles then set them 4th clip down from the top  synch them and work that untill it is perfect.  idle synch and just off idle ( cable synch) get either clamp on k+n's OR modify and then reseal the entire airbox. for a goof off rider bike  rad valves, procircuits and a decent clean up port with 21cc to 19cc domes in a NOSS head will be a fun fun banshee.   if you take a little bit of time and make it NICE now  you will be much happier with the bike overall.  and +2 a-arms works shocks on front +4 axle is a pretty run of the mill modded banshee.  it makes for a great setup to ride. 

IF you did all that  it would be worth about 3500 to 3000  atv's just do not bring big $$$$ anymore.  if you just plan to sell it  slap the top end back on and send it down the road.  OR part it out  there is more than 1000 bucks in parts there for sure.  i would have paid a g for it no problem.

hey everybody just cleaned the carbs out very well and found these jets in this atv.

pilot jet -30

main jet---300

this should be a good place to start on this bike right?

bored to 66mm I think so anyway

boysen reads and cages

boost bottle

pro-circuit platinum series full exhaust

no port work

k and n filter with bag

its also missing 1 idle screw from 1 carb its already threaded and the threads are good just missing-I will have to buy one

thankyou guys on all the help

yes im keeping this bad boy now I have never rode one before,still waiting on my cylinders to come back they will be at 66mm overbore.

the next rebuild im going to do the whole engine with newer cylinders and port job.

I cant wait to ride this banshee,im sure it will be different than my z400,the only thing im worried about is getting it jetted in right.

I put my jet sizes in a earlier post im thinking this will be a good starting point right.