485 cheetah vs 4 mil cub?

jayhawkatv

Never saw a dyno pass me on the track....LOL

(sorry John, had to.)

John has a love affair with Trinity, by the way. I know how much it pains his heart to steer business away from them....

:rotflmao:

LOL

TRUE THAT! ^^^^^^

But you know I'm not just talking about the basic Trinity kit. I threw a lot of cash and effort at my cheetahs to try to get them straightened out.

End result......tore that shit down and sold it off. Bought a Cub and never looked back. My Cub is smaller and cheaper to build and re-build, yet makes more Hp and Torque.

i'm going to stick with pissing ppl off with my smaller motor. Gonna spend Saturday messing with timing and the lockup and the dunes. Try to get more out of it. I know there is more just not very patient and want it to run to its full potential already.

NICK!.....SSHHH

Not so loud....aren't you still trying to sell your 485? Let's get that thing down the road before we go throwing it under the bus. LOL

Imo a 485 cheetah would suit me better than a 421 cub that being said a 465 cub I'm sure would be better.

My buddys 492 pump gas motor off pipe pulled better and smoother than my buddies 421 race fuel motor built as a dune style motor (decked cyl and 95 psi)

That being said in a drag the cheetah was probably not as good.

I'm not a drag racer. If your a drag guy I dont see the cheetah as a great solution no a days.

Hope ya get yours running like you want

:lol:  Pretty sure this is the drag forum…… sounds like the OP is wanting to know about "Fully drag ported" for his "Drag bike only"……...

vvvv

My buddy is parting out his cheetah motor and I was thinking about buying it off of him but before I do I was wondering If fully drag ported on alky which one has more balls? I have a stock cyl now and I know I wouldn't be happy with a cub cause it beats most 4 mil cubs. If the cheetah makes considerable more power I was going to pick it up. The price on the cheetah is good, comes with the whole topend including, intakes and reeds. hes is also giving me the cases that have been bored out for those cylinders right around the same price as buying a cub. Anyways tell me what you think. This will be a drag only bike btw. 4mil 73 mm bore fyi

I
That being said in a drag the cheetah was probably not as good.

I'm not a drag racer. If your a drag guy I dont see the cheetah as a great solution no a days.

Hope ya get yours running like you want

So.…yeah…. In a drag….Cub > Cheetah  ;) Even if the cheetah is bigger.  :o

is a 421 a common class people compete with or it's just cheaper than building a 10mil cub? I know off hand with a 10mil cub, there's the crank and case trenching but is that all in added cost? I have no intention of building either, just curious why 421's are so popular.

is a 421 a common class people compete with or it's just cheaper than building a 10mil cub? I know off hand with a 10mil cub, there's the crank and case trenching but is that all in added cost? I have no intention of building either, just curious why 421's are so popular.

It's the most affordable Cub you can build as far as size for the HP. You can run a 4 mill crank with no case work. The 421 Cub was a heavy class favorite….till everyone got used to the power and jumped up to the 465 10 mill. Now everyone is taking the DM plunge. LOL

whats everybodys deal with these cooling issues? yes the dm cylinders have smaller water jackets that is true however there is things you can do to have the bike run cooler. if your so worried about it you can always go 10cub or serval.  the bigger the engine and more power you want the motor is going to get hot quicker

I like the theory that every aftermarket cylinder build should be a 10 mill.

If you have a strong running 421 4 mill cub….everyone is going to assume your lying about it's size.

You can't go bigger than 10 mill without epoxy so No Epoxy = No bigger than 10 mill. I see Epoxy, I'm assuming I'm up against a monster.

Despite all the worry about 10 mill cranks being weaker than 4 mills…..I still haven't heard about a rash of 10 mill crank failures. (Other than Wang cranks. LOL)

:lol: Pretty sure this is the drag forum…… sounds like the OP is wanting to know about "Fully drag ported" for his "Drag bike only"……...

vvvv

So.…yeah…. In a drag….Cub > Cheetah ;) Even if the cheetah is bigger. :o

Thats B/S my cheetah has been beating 4 mil cubs on NOS in the 1/8 mile all summer long.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3