clutch

I was just checked clutch steal plates and they are warped. Its a brand new fast clutch.

Was the plates checked for warpage before installing them.

Just from this thread & your past PMs. I see nothing glaringly wrong with your clutch set-up. The only thing that you haven't provided is the air gap.

Your plate pictures doesn't show me enough heat to cause the plates to warp IMO. We get very little warpage in our plates & we run a lot more slip than what you are doing.

Below, the plate on the left is how we ran our clutches. This is a good usable seasoned plate. We inspect them for warpage, cracks, thickness & prep them for re-service. You can see the little prep we did to the plate with a roloc scotch brite disc.

The plate on the right is how our plates tend to look now when everything is correct. We are running more slippage than we did with the left plate, but it doesn't show. We have spent a lot of time modifying the whole set-up with some in-between round procedures. This helps manage the heat build-up better & results in longer friction life.

100_0744Medium.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images