First banshee ever! What to do?

I want to port the cylinders for sure. Ive seen some banshees with ported cyl and they are sick. I do want to do a 4mil eventually but since i have so much work to do to it just to get it complete i just want to get the motor up and running as cheap as i can for the first time. I have to buy a complete rear wnd assembly (axle, carrier, shock, swing arm) and steering stem and stuff so i still have alot to do. I know its not gonna be a cheap build but if it takes me yrs so be it. But for my first time build i will try to keep the engine on a low budget. Porting doesnt cost much so im definatly gonna have thAt done. I hadnt thought about shaving my heads though. Thats a good idea. I also plan on getting vforce reeds and pipes.

• Like 1

What he was trying to say was that the vitos super stock pistons emulate a ported cylinder without actually portibg the jugs ..he was suggesting it would be faster and cheaper based on the fact you just need a bore and pistons and your good to go...

Yeah this might sound stupid bit since im building geound up can i use the electronics from the newr models like 2000 and up? I have some of the electronics but im missing a wire harness and stuff. I just didnt know if i shoukd buy the newest one or just buy the yr my bike is. Eventually i plan on getting a 2000 or newer frame so

Ok so i have been doing alot of thinking the past few days and i think i have made up my mind on what i am going to do. I have spent alot of time talking with one of the members on this site and This is what i came up with so far.

4mm stroker crank

66mm bore cylinders

Vforce 3 or 4 reeds not sure yet

Cool head with domes

Porting??? Some say not to some say i can??

Still not sure on what pipes yet i just want to get the motor rebuilt and then i can worry about that. Can anyone tell me if whAt i have listed is a good idea or not? And maybe explain why it would be good or not? Im still new to the whole banshee thing and i just want good power out of it. Im a 250lb rider . I wasnt going to go with the 4mil but i said the hell with it i might as well since i have it all apart now. Any other info u guys can help with would be greatly apreciated. U guys have been awesome

I know it might be alot of power but i figured since i have it all apart why not have it done right the first time right?

I've always thought that if I did a stockish bike for the kind of riding you are doing, I'd build a bullet proof bottom end. Then grab a stock stroke serval and clean up the castings. Run some 28mm keihins and maybe some pro circuits or try some dmc 916s. There'd obviously be plenty of other little touches, but that would be the main players.

Its hard to explain what kind of riding i do but mainly i just run up and down dirt roads and rail trails. (Open straight stretches, old railroad tracks turned into trails) some trail riding but not much cause i havent found many here. Its just a toy for me to go out and mess around every once in a while. I just want something i can get on and go burn off some steam with lol

Buy the 4 mil. Your wallet will hate you, but you'll thank us. Send your cylinders top case and trans out. Cylinders for a 4 mil port of choice with the 4 mil domes or your stock head modded. Top case to get port matched to the cylinders. Get your trans modded to just shift better. Get a billet basket and and a quality clutch. You can get a billet water pump if you'd like. A new modded shift shaft, modded star, pancake bearing, clutch cable, and get the shift forks checked out. Don't forget the washers that you must fold to lock in place. Just replace those. I know this seems overwhelming but this is all necessary to get the most out of your motor. I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing. But this is all the stuff I did. I also got the bushings in the cases replaced when my builder saw they were bad.