No Power Before Power Band

Alright here goes. Last month i had to put in a new piston since i burned one up. and now after getting everything back together, i have last all power until i hit the power band. If im in thick sand or mud, it will never reach power band. Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks

Alright here goes.  Last month i had to put in a new piston since i burned one up. and now after getting everything back together, i have last all power until i hit the power band.  If im in thick sand or mud, it will never reach power band.  Any help with this is appreciated. 

Thanks

Have you done a compression test??

yes i have done a compression test and i get 7.2 on the left and 6.5 on the right.  the right side is the piston i replaced.

Really.......You should be seeing more like 120-130psi.....What kind of guage do you have???

yup its most likely the top end . When doing the top end on the banshee its ussally the best way to do the whole thing both sides even if you think the other side is good atleast rerig it and hone the cylinder but if one piston went most likely you need it bored out anyway so you really haev to do the whole top end . What made you just do one side ????? it was only like 50 bucks more to do them both ???

Ya i had the same problem. It cost 1200$ to rebuild the top end. That was a new clutch too though. No new crank needed. Thank God.

1200!!! was that gold plated??? You can purchase a set of pistons and rings w/ gasket kit for $250 or less and bore both cylinders for around $125. So for $375 and about 4-8 hours of labor everything is new.......The new clutch is around $90-$165 depending on what kind of clutch you buy. Take about an hour to change one...

:lol: Good question on only doing one side...who knows me and my father was doing the work on it....and the piston kit did come with 2...but sounds like ill be redoing it anyway...and go ahead and have it bored out. thanks for the help everyone. luckily i can still ride the raptor til i get the banshee back together.

B)