Cheetah Cylinders

Banshee SE

It was a good running motor for a unported 535. It was reliable. Yes I do agree it was not running to it full potential. Then I wanted a full drag bike not a dune bike anymore. John we all know u hate cheetahs because u had such bad luck. But in the right hands they are a good motor. Yes I am Very Happy with my new set up. Cub cheetah what ever. If it runs good who cares. Build what ever u want. Not going to care if a cub with a few less CC is making 5 to 7 hp less then my bike on gas. And they are on alky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense but comparing different dyno numbers from different dynos, locations, DA and possibly different correction factor is pretty moot. I think a trap speed or some sort of track results should be a good way to compare. Racing dynos is pointless. Id LOVE to have a setup that puts out shit power SAE corrected but fucks shit up on the track or street where it matters.

My set runs 6.71 at 100 mph in the 1/8 mile not to bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

as far as broad power  the one and only time my 535 was on a dyno at 7500rpm it made 100hp.  i'm not going to say what it made at 11,000 where it started to drop ( with shear pipes,  the racers edge k+t pipes on it now have more overrev. )   it is very broad hp..  the 485 i have and the 535 actually "feel" slow  because there is no huge pipe hit  they just pull and pull and pull and pull  if you shift to fast  they pull right through it.  they can handle way more weight, way more tire, and a lot more gearing.  IF they are built right.   there is a TON of power in the proper exhaust port shape that is in harmony with the pv blade. AND a correct domes shape  do it wrong  and they dont work.  i have seen a lot of way overported trinity cylinders and others come by that the pv will just not work quite right in. and those particular cylinders would probably run better with a pv block off.  unless they were dyno'd with differnt spring and bleed off setups in the valves to make them open at the right times.  BUT  just like whats stated up there.  3 different builders 3 different numbers.  i personally watched an old t-rex 535 make 80 ft lbs of tq a long time ago.   thats a tractor.  gear that bitch up (he ran 17/40) and let it go

well think about this.... tanner took his "drag" 400cc pv cheeta and put it in his "dunner" now.  its on gas now ( with a simple needle change)  backed the timing down.  and it pulls hard as hell on the bottom and rips on top still.  the combo of parts and the proper porting make the motor still useable.   i will say its a very high exhaust port..  higher than any 400 CUB could run on a full weight bike.    i'm not sure of to many fixed port cyliders that can do that.  i dont really know what other "builders" do with their pv motors  i only know what i have found works with mine.

ALL modern 2 stroke motors run pv's  if they were obsolete  they wouldnt have them on multi million dollar companies looking for 4 stroke power band  with 2 stroke weight and overrev.  

Very much the possible outcome

Might as well go 18dm. I love my 10dm don't get me wrong but the 18 you'll feel more torque. Around 10 more pounds of torque on gas in the right builders hands. I'm very content with my 10dm though putting out 70lbs of torque . It's a great motor. Rule of thumb if you wanna upgrade to a bigger motor Jump very very big