Advanced timing plate, what is it and how much ?

Thomas_S

I want to add more mods to my banshee. some people told me to put an advanced timing plate on it. where do I put it and how much am I looking at ?? Does it go where the stock Clutch Plate is ?? Let me know

I don't even know what +5 is I have a stock timing plate but I've never messed with it..? Can some one explain it to me. I know alot about the motors but I've just never heard of this.

• Like 1

Do any of you guys have advanced timing plates ? what else could I do to make it faster or more HP ??

+5 means advancing the timing 5 degrees.. They come from the factory with a very safe timing set up. Just keep fresh fuel in it.

Make sure to get a flywheel puller!

Other mods to look in to are:

1. Have your cylinders ported

2. Drop in 4mil crank. ^^ Have your builder port for the 4mm crank.

3. Cool head with some domes.

Then re-jet your carbs to match new stuff. What kind of riding do you do? If you're a wide open rider maybe some bigger carbs but not absolutely necessary.

What's on your bike now???

• Like 1

Ok, Joey83,

Right now on my banshee cuz it recently seized on me. It has a 4-mil stroker kit in it, re-honed cylinders, SST fatty pipes, SST exhausts, it is bored over I think 0.80 it has wiseco high compression/racing pistons in it and also a Boysen power reeds boost bottle on it. (which people are telling me it's a no no) and the reeds are V-force 3's or 4's. Also it has aftermarket duel carbs (what kind I'm not sure, they were on there when i bought it)