frame

mx1986

Stock tubing is real close to .065wall if i remember right. i use .065dom 1" main rails 7/8 supports 3/4 subframe. for a full chromo you could go .058 1" main rails 3/4 .058 supports and 5/8 .049 subframe. If i remember it correctly the strentghs were close and chromo was like 5lbs less and 2times the cost for materials. it has been a while since i spec'ed it out but im pretty sure im close.

ya this has been a pretty good learning curve. the first three times to the sand bar i think i lasted about 30 minutes and then i broke something but always something minor.  now im working on a wheely bar. i should redo the front a arms cuz the geometry is off, but im ready to start a new frame now.

springer ur correct no rake. like i said first frame well actually first banshee i guess. i bought a motor and built everything around it. my bro has a gt performance single a arm with the rake and i guess i dont know y it would feel funny, my guess is that is helps with the front suspension if u put the rake in.

that frame looks nice.    try about 12* rake in your nose.  up to 17*  google suspension rake.  there is a few video's about the way the shocks bounce over stuff that explains it very well.  a lot better than i can explain here.  also one of the reasons most yamaha frames feel like shit in the front end.

• 2 weeks later...