left cylinder dead at idle

Well my left cyl won't fire at idle. Pipe gets warm but not as warm as the right side. It used to idle fine and about 15 minutes into a ride it wouldn't idle on its own and the left wouldn't fire until I gave it some good throttle. Pulls fine in the powerband and on the top end is all there. I've cleaned the carbs, made sure there were no air leaks and the reeds looked fine. I also tried new plugs and swapped plug wires. Problem is still there. Any ideas?

Its a billet manifold with a built in crossover and ive already checked to make sure they were all torqued properly. I'm going to see if I can borrow a compression tester from a friend. If I have to buy one, what brand do you suggest?

Edited by DeadbeatOperator

I was talking about the small 2" hose that goes in between the stock carbs which I don't know if you still have stockers if that hose is not connected you will lose a cyl at idle . As far as compression any off the shelf tester from auto zone , advanced auto parts or auto store will work just for sake of testing it .No need buying an expensive one if you don' t use it all the time