NEW OWNER/NEED HELP! Won't start after rebuild!

buy a fly wheel puller and buy yourself a stator and coil from rm stator for about a 100 dollars with free shipping put in the 27.5 p and 280 mains and go rip it up

No no and no. The only thing being ripped up will be this guys hair when the bike spits and misses. Don't listen to this guy.

Okay, I don't have a key switch, only a kill switch so I highly doubt that's what is causing it. Unless somehow the wiring for the key switch came disconnected from itself. Where is the key switch plug on the harness? Going to make sure that it's still jumped when I do everything else.

Just checked it. The connector has been completely deleted and the two wires have been soldered and crimped together so I can eliminate that. Although I doubted that in the first place considering I was able to get it started before to some degree. I will be able to do a lot of work to it tomorrow so hopefully I can swap plugs and such and come back with good news. :)

IT RUNSSSS!!!! Kinda..... :D 

I'm pretty positive I need a new coil. I pulled the factory wires out of mine and put in some aftermarket ones and it started on the first kick....ran until the bowls emptied at various RPM's/Throttle Positions. (I forgot to turn the gas back on so it may have ran longer had I not been complacent) It was firing perfectly on both cylinders and exhaust smoke was even and consistent between the two while it was running (about 30 full seconds). The reason I'm thinking coil though is because of how jerry rigged and corroded the old wires were and also how jerry rigged the new wires are. Very possible they came loose as the retaining clip on the coil broke so I had to basically tape the wires in place. 

Anywho, anyone on here have a good condition OEM coil for sale for cheap? Or does anyone have any recommendation for an aftermarket coil? I would preferably like one that has standard spark plug boots on them and not the skinny tipped resistor type (I'm running brand new BR8ES plugs gapped to .030")

Thanks to all who have contributed, if anyone has a lead on a coil that'd be awesome. I'll update as I have more information. :)