421 cub squish

apeik

im starting to feel bad for even installing and trying to run them now...  when i got them i was like wtf.. but i figured im not an expert, so i went with it.   :shootself:  Fuck me.

Nonsense man, you payed good money for expertise.  You held up your end of the deal, the rest well...

Man I feel bad for ya.. to bad I gave a buddy my 24 cc domes from the serval or I would have traded ya just for the chuckle and a reminder as to where not to get stuff from :)

Fuck I cut domes on my engine lathe a few times hell even from blanks they never looked like that.

That is just pure laziness no need for a custom ground tool bit there he just put the compound at 11 deg then 45 then just straight in.

Sorry for your loss ..lol

Hey guys I am turning my 421 stroker cub that runs currently on c12 110 octane to run on pump gas...bought it set up this way and dont wanna be paying the price for the fuel...am gonna be riding dirt roads...pitsand hill climbing...what is the best head/dome cc, carbs, jet size, timing,....everything...

Also, is there an optimal squish band depth as far as pump gas is concerned?  i plan on throwing these in(bottom 24cc domes) when my cylinders come back to check squish and compression, and go from there.  The squish band depth on the 24cc domes is about .370 (9.40mm)

IMAG0681_zps0959847f.jpg

what the hell is up with that dome..   it almost looks like the edges are exposed and that would cause hot spots...  

NOSS domes NEVER look like that.  dave would never ever ever send any crap out like that.  you can call dave and send spec's pictures etc to him and he will cut whatever you want.  i have had some custom stuff done with him in the past and i would never use anyone else to make domes for me ( except the ones i do here as experiments.)  and they look beautiful compared to that crap up there)   if that is passion's work   thats some bulllllshit  i think i would be demanding some payback from the re work you had to do. 

the lower pic is what i would call a basic custom dome thats really popular basic shape right meow.  a 9-8mm wide band.  .050+ and kicking around 150psi should work fine. ( pump gas) you can fine tune the timing to work with that setup also.   and make sure your jetting is very close.  overly rich is just going to cause problems with the motor.  i personally would never run ore that .048 squish on a cub.  and only that much if your on alky and have a good tune in it.  ( i like motors that stay together more than 2 trips out)  there are standard "spec's for 2 strokes in general for squish clearance, band width and basic shape.  i have seen a lot of really out there shapes and even myself have made a few what i would cal multiple squish band domes that work great with lesser octane fuels  and alky too  you can create engine pressure with timing  or dome shape  the best is whatever works for the fuel you have, the strength of the combustion chamber, how much fuel air you can jam in there.   porting, fuel, cylinder design, etc etc all play a huge factor...