Is the 4mm serval really worth it?

From my experience, once a stock cylinder starts getting up it the 70+ hp range, they start becoming a pile if shit in the bottom end making them not so hot to trail ride. Im not saying stock cylinders making 70+hp cant have good bottom end, i just never saw or rode one that did

Why are people so fucking stupid that they can not understand that a high revving motor that feels great ripping through open dunes isnt always the best set up for all riding conditions.  Some of us do all kinds of riding.  I had a 421 cub on race gas, it was fun at glamis, it sucked fat donkey dick in oregon where you are running in and out of the trees, tight trails and hill shots.  Sure i could have put a +  8 or 10 arm on the bike and ran 12 paddle extremes for clilmbing the tree shots, but then it would dune like a fucking turd. I like a dune bike that is shorter and more nimble so a lower powerband that i can get in and out of the throttle and actually turn the thing without constantly slipping the clutch is way better. You fucking hill guys need to pull your head out of your asses and realize not everybody wants a fucking drag bike.  Having a motor that is more rideable with the power everywhere is what some of us want.  So you say ther serval felt like shit, great, maybe running through huge bowls it did.  Take that bike to oregon or ride some trails and i bet money the serval wins hands down.  Some people are completely fucking blind to anything besides what they do.  Get out a little bit

• Like 1

Sorry for getting you riled up. I do understand tight trails etc.. But everybody always ends up racing no matter what kind of riding they do! Thats why everyone says to port you're serval or they say once you realize you want more you can always port it closer to a cub. Or things along those lines. Again thats just my opinion, to give people that arent sure what to buy some food for thought.

Some people think servals are the baddest thing out there. There entitled to their opinion to.

im not riled up you guys have blinders on.  Not everybody wants them ported or high strung.   Gets old listening to hill guys talk about how anything besides a cub or bigger is just stupid.. You guys may enjoy spending your whole trip at the bottom of the hill turning power jets and staring into a radar gun.  The rest of us will go ride

I do understand tight trails etc.. But everybody always ends up racing no matter what kind of riding they do! Thats why everyone says to port you're serval or they say once you realize you want more you can always port it closer to a cub.

It's not just for tight trails or even slow riding, i used to drag race the hell out of my 4mil play ported stock jugs. It didnt make near the power the serval did. I loved the power delivery and how smooth the power came on. It was an excellent combo built for fun paired with my dunable override and stock swing arm.

We understand servals wont be high strung. It's a broad powder band cylinder,not some lame drag porting that sucks to ride. I've ridden a cub with shearers. Got that thing sucked except in a drag race.

The cool thing about broad powerbands in a drag race is if you have to let off to get the front down or you short shift, it's easier for the motor to get into the power band again.

Main thing you will notice here is they're way too many feels like garbage or feels slow. Keyword is feels. I understand this statement as in the last two days been helping get a buddies redline stock timing pump gas ported serval tuned in. Why transferring my but dyno over to a redline 4 mil cub on 110 with a proven 95hp on cam's dyno, only a minor pipe change since. I said to myself that this serval is about to get taken out for lunch and dinner. This cub just "feels" so fast. However with with only a 10lb heavier rider the cub could only best the race by about 3 bikes from a roll and a full 2 from a dead stop on pavement. Same results with around 20 different launches and swapping riders. Point here is if you leave all your "feels" at home and just get out and ride, a properly setup serval will shine in the tight stuff and be right on their heels in the race. That is if the cub rider has caught his breathe yet from all the abuse the trails have provided.

• Like 1

Main thing you will notice here is they're way too many feels like garbage or feels slow. Keyword is feels. I understand this statement as in the last two days been helping get a buddies redline stock timing pump gas ported serval tuned in. Why transferring my but dyno over to a redline 4 mil cub on 110 with a proven 95hp on cam's dyno, only a minor pipe change since. I said to myself that this serval is about to get taken out for lunch and dinner. This cub just "feels" so fast. However with with only a 10lb heavier rider the cub could only best the race by about 3 bikes from a roll and a full 2 from a dead stop on pavement. Same results with around 20 different launches and swapping riders. Point here is if you leave all your "feels" at home and just get out and ride, a properly setup serval will shine in the tight stuff and be right on their heels in the race. That is if the cub rider has caught his breathe yet from all the abuse the trails have provided.

somebody gets it