Billet tranny: meet shift forks

J-Madd

The billet trannys put the back cut on the female side not the male side. So they take zero back load. They are stronger but less forgiving. They don't like excessive tire spin since this unloads tranny. They are made for WFO only. If you peddle tge throttle I'd check forks. It will jack the sliders up when they gall up. I never ran billet forks but I never had a problem on any of my billet trannys.

I run ATF Type F. It was still shifting fine like that; we just knew it was time to change them; and the slider gear is fine. That motor gets maybe 30 passes out of some forks, whereas another I have only gets about 10 sometimes.

That is a spongebob chassis. The first one I believe.

It'll be there, but so far this 850 cc+ motor won't out run my PPS powered 643 cc bike. We changed the motor placement on the chassis, changing pipes, and are working on the clutch to try to get it where it needs to be. It's making power for sure, just not sure its making right, and putting it to the ground.

big motor  big tranmission means you can never let off the throttle...   chop it once  stutter the motor once and bonk!  there goes the shift fork.

those look like forks i have taken out of a lot of "duneables" 

• 1 month later...