Raced A Yfz 450

I dont know about a stock shee beating a yzf .I have raced a couple and ridin one They are pretty fast stock quads in a race on hard packed dirt. He was beating everything stock and even a few piped shees. Maybe its not as good up a hill but, overall the quad is nice. I can tell you that riding it it didnt feel all that powerful but , I just got off riding my banshee when I tried his its hard to compare apples and oranges or 2stroke power band vrs 4 stroke torque. What type off mods does your shee have and could it have been inexperenced rider

I went riding this weekend near my parents house in georgia. There is a guy that sent his entire motor to baldwin motorsports and was completely gone through. We dragged a couple of times. He beat me out the hole everytime, i was spinning to hard, but i'd click into 3rd gear, look at'em and just wave bye, bye, didn't even need 6th gear. We jump onto the track and he couldn't keep up, but his suspension was bone stock by appearance, he could've had his shocks redone, don't now.

:) i cant wait until the honda 450r comes out!!!! oh sum kid said the yfz was better  cuz it had electric start...well the 450r has an auto decompresion system so it will kick over real easy now

no one knows which is better.....................YET

i have a buddy that went to glamis a couple weeks ago and he got to take out a couple new 450's and a couple raptors, he knows a guy that is in the R&D for Yamaha and they seem to be having a kick start mod coming out for the 450

its already out for the 450....it's shave a few more lbs of not having a starter on it. Which will make it lighter than the honda. Hope honda could pull out some more ponies than the Yamaha or has better geometry, cause if not I'd give the nod to the yamaha.

It's got the swingarm that helps you launch as well.

And I also believe the yamaha has an auto decompression as well, I thought I heard that somewhere, but I could be wrong.