Sand paddle preference

OK... just purchased my first banshee.  Blaster owner previously.  Question is which paddle tires do you prefer for the dunes.  There is the type that makes the V on each tire and there is the type that the each paddle runs horizontal to the tire.  Obviously the V type provides more horizontal stability, but which to you prefer for the dunes.  We don't do much sand trail riding at the dunes.

Mods are minimal... a cool head, high compression domes and T5's.

Thanks

DLStryker

You are going to get about 50/50 on this... I absolutely LOVED my ITP Sand Stars. If I didn't have the kind of horsepower I do now, I would absolutely run another set of sand stars. They hooked up fantastic when you needed them to, but slid in the corners when you wanted them to. I run 10pdl haulers right now, and wish I could run Sand Stars. The haulers hook up great, but in a straight line. Fast transitions in smaller dunes can get hairy sometimes when you can't get the ass end of the bike to break loose a little bit.

I have ran both and prefer the straight paddles as well. I do agree it may depend on where you ride too and how much curvey  vs open you do. I also run sandstar fronts now with haulers in the rear, Not sure if just a knobbie would turn the same or not.

I never felt like the sandstars hooked up that great when I had them on the banshee. I had mudbusters (the ones with the V) before that turned backwards in the sand and the sandstars where only slightly better. I also ran them on a 250r for awhile and they were better on that, but I siwtched to kings' turbo paddles (molded straight) and they hook up much better. The 250r has knobbies on the front but it handles good enough that the loss of turning is minimal with the straight paddles

I have never tried the Skat Trak Edges, I would think they would be better then the sand stars

Edited by CrazyBRONCOguy