what size carbs should i use?

whats up guys, im in the middle of a rebuild and have a pair of pwk keihin 38mm carbs and a pair of 34mm keihin carbs and was wondering if i could use one of those? i think the 38mm might be way to big though...  if so what should i use,  just want to hear your opinions. here are some of the many mods i have done with an elevation of 1010 ft

bored .60 over 

4mm crank 115mm long rod (vito's)

pro design cool head with 21cc domes

dyna fs digital ignition 

lightened flywheel 

polished gears 

vforce 4 reeds 

fmf gold series exhaust 

advanced timing plate

i feel like i'm missing something but if you have any questions about anything just ask and also, what size jet should i use for the carbs you recommend. thanks

I'll just get you past the hard part of tuning those.

First you have a dyna and a timing plate. Set the plate at zero.

For the carbs, start fat. 55/58 pilot, needle middle clip, and 158 main for the initial base line. The trick is getting them to idle and it is done with the choke circuit. Turn the plunger knobs clockwise till the bottom out. Mark them with a paint pen to keep reference on how much they are being turned. Then turn them out 7- 7 1/2 turns counter clock wise for them to idle. If the thing won't idle lean up the pilot and adjust the air screw accordingly.

thanks for all the replies and trickedcarbine for info... well until i finish the build i will have these carbs for sale or trade

pair of 38mm keihin pwk airstrikers w/ cables- 240 obo

pair of 34mm keihin pwk billet polished bowls w/ cables and k&n filters- 180 obo

both in excellent condition

Edited by Chris327