my jetting troubles arnt getting any better

kedge82

so i have been working on my jetting fo a couple weeks now and have not gotten any where! every time i get to 4th gear it falls on its face started at 340 mains now iam down to 290 adjusted needle clip postion from center now i have it at one leaner than that. 1st thro 3rd runs awsome all the power one would expect. but iam getting weary on dropping in farther than 290 in fear of blowing something. fmf sst pipes open air box with twin k&n filters carbon fiber reeds adjutable timing at plus 3 or so borded 60 over with ufos installed on carbs witch are stock at 840 elevation @ around 90 degrees

I just went through this, bike would sputter and break up up top. Going back and forth went through about 7-8 mains. Called some one smarter, his first suggestion was to check the spark plug boots. And wouldn't you fucking know it. Both boots tested bad, coil was good. I ripped the boot apart, the rust and corrosion inside was so bad it was falling apart.

Just something to keep in mind

First off don't use 87 regular, the manual clearly states 91 octane or higher. I use shell v power my self, secondly go with a 27.5 pilot, a/s 1 1/2 turns out and 40:1 mix of amsoil interceptor or dominator start with that

i will try a higher octane but i use klotz benzol for oil have a 27.5 on hte way. the plug wires i havent thought of beacuse of how good it runs through third gear into the start of fourth. but what can it hurt