crank bearing keeper

I'm putting a engine together for a friend who bought a rebuilt crank from a member the crank came strate from hjr. When I went to put the crank in the bearing keeper groves on the bearing and in the case doesn't line up. Its off by about half the thickness of the keeper has anyone had this problem before. Its a 4mm hot rods crank that Kevin replaced I think a rod on and trued and welded. It was shipped strate from Kevin to my buddy no middle man

is the other side of the crank rubbing the case?  if its too wide it will rub  OR there is a wacko chance you have a screwed up bearing. or a screwed up machined side webb on the crankshaft..?

Bearing will not press any farther. But the rod tolerances from side to side inside the webs are sub pose yo be between .25-.75mm one side us just a little more then 1 mm. I believe there us were the problem is when the crank was rebuilt and welded it wasn't pressed together fully.