I Still Have That Rz Tranny, But Now Im Thinkin'..

Meat

I have this sweet set of Rz transmission gears that I have no use for. So I was tryin to sell the tranny but that aint gonna happen unless I ebay it. So im thinking to myself, what Banshee parts do I need that I could trade this Rz tranny for. The way I see it, the tranny is worth about $100, iv seen em sell for higher on ebay. What I really really really would like to trade for is..... an old J-arm frame. If anyone has an old ugly J-arm frame taking up space in thier garage and would like to try the Rz transmission in thier Banshee, lets deal.

I also have a +2 stainless steel rear brake line that is useless to me, I would include the brake line with the Rz-tranny :) for that J-arm frame trade deal :rolleyes:

No I dont have the Rz shift forks or drum, just the 2 gear clusters. Pictures available upon request.

If anyone has anything they might wanna trade me for my Rz tranny, just holler.

No PM's please....

No newbies either...... sorry

Im thinkin'....... trade...... trade me something worth a $100 bucks.... aftermarket stuff, how bout a set of rear billet hubs, how about a nice IMS 5.6 gastank...... anyone have a Duncan front bumper they dont want anymore, OOoo Id take one of those. Id really like to have another J-arm frame, iv seen J-arm frames sell for less than $150 bucks on Ebay, hell I paid $200 for my '99 frame. Id trade for a set of used V-force cages. Id like to have some 28mm PWK's, I know they're worth a little more than the tranny but im sure we could wheel and deal.

I dunno about cash.... I think if I go that route id just go and list it on Ebay.

HOW ABOUT A BANSHEE FLYWHEEL? OR STATOR? OR UM A 98 CRANK THATS IN GREAT SHAPE BUT I WAS WANTING MORE THE 100 FOR IT MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT THERE? LET ME KNOW MAN, I HAVE A FRAME BUT I WANT MORE THEN 100 FOR IT CASUE ITS POWDERCOATED FLORECENT ORANGE AND IN GREAT SHAPE.

Well MrMooney said $100...... Nyuk said $100...... do I hear a $110 :) Let the bidding start. I will pay all shipping costs, USPS 4-5 day shipping to anywhere in the USA.

I can take some pic's if ya's want, the tranny looks perfect to me. No teeth damage but I will double check it tomorrow. The 4 large bearings come with the tranny but I cant gaurentee they are in good shape, this tranny came from an '85 model, thats an 18 year old tranny so I cant gaurentee the bearings. If I were to use it, i would buy 4 new tranny bearings. There is a large 17 tooth sprocket still attachd to the gear cluster, I have not tried to remove it. There's some surface rust on the front sprocket and there some surface rust where the clutch basket attaches. These are the only sections of the tranny that stick outside the engine cases, thats why they have the surface rust, there is NO rust on the tranny where its inside the engine case. I will remove all the light surface rust before I ship it.

I'll take PayPal or a money order.

Bid it up boys cause I needs the money ASAP for a set of used Hiper front rims I found.

Ok now this is getting iteresting. First of all

No I dont have the Rz shift forks or drum, just the 2 gear clusters.

I dont want to cut in on someone else
Not cutting in at all, im still listening to all offers, and Id really like to trade ya for that J-arm frame. Anything wrong with the frame ?

flea49 are you telling me you'll trade me a new billet kicker for the rz gear set ? I like that offer, I need another kickstarter for my Rz engine.

Keep the offers coming.

If someone gives me $160 for the gear set, i'll throw in a stock head thats in perfect shape and a +2 stainless steel rear brake line Iv had layin' around forever. I take paypal.

A set of rear billet hubs would be nice to own ;)

Does anyone have an Rz transmission ratio chart\numbers. I tried searching for one but since the old BHQ forums are offline......... I have nothing. I someone knows the Rz's numbers please post it. The Banshee's tranny ratios would be nice too.

Tonight I removed all the light surface rust from the gear sets, it came off really easy. I also took off the big 17 tooth sprocket and cleaned that up, the sprockets' teeth are in perfect condition, the lock washer(the kind you bend over the sides of the nut) behind the sprocket nut looks like it has never been removed, which would lead me to think that the front sprocket was the origanal factory sprocket, and this tranny prolly has very low milage considering the wear.... or lack of wear..... on the 17 tooth sprocket. Another possiblitly is that whoever put on the 17 tooth sprocket, also put on a new lock washer and thats why the lock washer and sprocket looks brand new. 17 teeth on the front sprocket is the stock number of teeth for the '84-'85 Rz 350s.

I got a really good look at the gear teeth and the all the tranny dogs tonight while I was cleaning the gear set. No missing teeth, no broken gears, nothing funky, everthing slides the way they should slide...... all looks good..... except for some light galling I found on one gear. The gear is the largest gear on the front\clutch basket gear cluster, I havent checked what gear it is, but since its the largest gear im assuming its first gear. Every tooth has these small marks on em. I will try to get a good picture, but it might be hard to get cause the marks are so small. Tomorrow night i'll have some pictures of the gear set. The galling concerns me slightly, if I were to be using this tranny, I would not think twice about running this gear. Whoever gets the tranny can look it over and if they are not satisfied with it, they can return it. You got a week to decide if you want it and you pay shipping back to me. I'll refund money or ship back traded parts at my expense. I really shouldnt be parting with this set of Rz gears, cause I know as soon as they're out of my hands', i'll find a good use for em.

One idea that was discussed here was the possiblity of mix & matching certain Rz tranny gears with certain Banshee gears and you'd have a sorta ho-made Rz-shee tranny. You'd have the best ratio's from the Rz and the best gear ratios from the Banshee tranny...... CUSTOM RZ\BANSHEE TRANSMISSION....

Meat:

Condition of the frame:

One headlight bracket is a little bent up, but easily fixable in a matter of 5 minutes. The upper loop for the steering stem has very minor cracks that JUST started. I removed the gas tank very easy so its not bent back. There are no other cracks that I know of. The rear seat latch area is a little weird. It is a little bent but I dont think its from a crash. That too is also very fixable. The footpeg holes are in good shape and no cracks/welds by the swingarm pivot. All the correct bolts came out of this thing when I tore it down and nothing came out cockeyed.

If you need a kick lever I think I have one or two lying around... You can have them.

PS; I have 3 or 4 stock banshee heads... if you need one lemme know and I can throw them in too :lol:

Meat:

I think what you see is just a notch in the gear. It's nothing that I would worry about because if it was damage then you would see marks from something hitting it.

If your interested in the frame let me know. I never made it to the garage this weekend but I can get pics for you if need be.

Im very interested in the frame. What do you suppose shipping will cost to 17866 Coal Township Pa. The frame sounds in good enough condition for me, as long as the nose of the frame is straight, i'll be happy. Pics would be cool, but not necessary. If I dont get any better trade offers by Wednesday, we'll hash out the details for the "frame for Rz tranny" trade. Till wednesday.....