rt. cylinder is weak WTF !

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frame clean where the coil mounts might not be a good connection. Also how's the fuel line ran? Which way is the T facing. And you said you swapped carbs dis you swap with a different set or just swap yours around and put a longer choke tube on.

good spark... same set  swapped side 2 side-plugged choke tube ports

What size are your main/pilot jets?......

What size are your main/pilot jets?......

went from 32.5 down to 27.5 made the low transfer smother but didn't help the problem... mains are 360 yes i know 360's they were in it from my stock port & the plug chop said it was spot on went down this road 7 yrs ago & top end lasted  9 yrs ... i wanted to fix the problem before fine tuning it again but it seems to run good up top

I swapped side to side & put my spare coil w/ wires & caps &didn't fix the problem

bad stator.  check pickup length.  when stators start loosing power they will fire one side nice  and the other wont have the same power to fire  adn one plug will end up weak.  its a long shot  but after all you have done?

clean carbs completely.  i mean remove the dump tubes, intake air bleeds, everything...  

bad stator.  check pickup length.  when stators start loosing power they will fire one side nice  and the other wont have the same power to fire  adn one plug will end up weak.  its a long shot  but after all you have done?

clean carbs completely.  i mean remove the dump tubes, intake air bleeds, everything...  

just swapped stator... didn't change  cleaned carbs 3x & swapped them side to side & it stayed weak on rt. either way...i've played w/ pick up gap n no change, didn't see the gap setting in the book whats it supposed 2  be?

The thickness of a credit card, or .018-.020in

that's what I've always used, but measured all me cards this morning & they ranged from .012-.030 so i went off of memory @.019 when I swapped the stator this am. & couldn't find it in the book. I just double checked myself & def. between .018 &.020... I'M SO OVER THIS!!!!!! banghead banghead banghead