rt. cylinder is weak WTF !

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in sync (w/ flow meeter, windows & eye ball) tried idol'n up the rt. side higher anyway but didn't help... keep up all the suggestions anyway  i'm frustrated but not giving up... yhe only thing i noticed that I didn't mention was on the comp chect the L. side 1 st kick started higher than the 1st kick on the rt. side (could have been on the up stroke & got 1/2 - 1 more rev's??) bought my gun home I'll see if they even out riding it but I still think somethings not quite right maybe it's just down low?? when I throttled just the rt cable by it's self it heated up  & it heats up rev'n / riding just the rt. not as fast as the L.

also if i remember, at least 1 of the windows went past lining up... don't know if that matters (just throwing every thing out there)

Edited by 375hp banshees

Could be a bad choke circuit. Have you taken it out for a hard ride? When it comes back to idle are the pipes the same temp? The motor will do what you are saying after it sits and has a cold start up. You have to ride the bike and blow it out. They are 2 strokes and always tend to load up at idle.

i rode it a little, hard, didn't want to do it to much, if there was a problem & haven't ripped on it lately or since i brought my temp gun home, i'll do that but idleing after a good rip it still isn't the same on both sides; I think the temps might be; but  not running / idleing the same when it comes back down to an idle?

I had a similar problem ended up being somthing wrong with the needle valve. I replaced it and it fixed it for a few rides but started acting up again so I replaced carbs and problem solved. Don't take my word and go spend a bunch on new carbs. I had access to another set. Maybe try swapping carbs from a running bike or at least check your float needle valves.