Who Makes The Lightest Swingarms/axles?

I just weighed the titanium swing-arm at 8.5-9lbs with carrier and brake mount etc.

I don't have a stock swingarm here to weigh, but the stock bearing carrier alone is 7lbs.  So the titanium swingarm +4 extended is 1.5 lbs heavier than the stock bearing carrier!  :D

Who wants to weigh the stock swingarm?  Anybody else can feel free to throw out the weight of their aftermarket swingarm or a-arms etc.  It would be interesting to see the difference in weight between stock and all the aftermarket suspension parts.

The aluminum bearing carrier on my shee weighs 5lbs, so that'd make your swingarm weigh 4lbs!!!! w/ the brake mounts......either your scale is wrong, or titanium is light as hell and lefty really doesn't have a Ti swingarm that he paid for... :o:o:o I'll post the weight of my stocker tomorrow night...

The bearing carrier on the titanium swingarm is actually slightly smaller and lighter than the regular round house carriers you will find. Also, that is correct the swing arm & round housing carrier & brake bracket etc. together is a feather weight 8.5-9 lbs.

That's what I'm trying to say, the titanium swingarm is next to nothing in weight. It's like stainless steel in that it's NOT magnetic.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me jump in here real fast and say that I had to weigh my stock swingarm and it weighs 12 pounds by itself, this is just the complete swingarm with the front pivot bearings installed. No chain slide, no washers... nothing. THis was from the scale at my house and the scale at the post office.

dont argue with me because this is what I saw, if you have a different figure then we must have different swingarms. Just wanted to inform you guys.

Well I didn't have time to weigh my swingarm, but if the stocker is 12lbs and I know the stock bearing carrier is 7lbs, then that makes the stock at 19lbs......so the Ti swingarm and bearing carrier is 10-11lbs lighter w/ the brake stay......that is awesome!!!!

What are the properties of ti?? Will a magnet stick to it?? That would suck if you didn't have one, but at least you'll know....There must be a way to tell the difference between the two.

The only way I know of if you really can't tell is.....A spark test. Grind on it, and if the sparks are white...Ti. I don't think Ti is a ferrous metal, so a magnet wouldn't stick to it if it isn't.

i have a steel rpm i dont know how much it weighs and i am not going to take it off my bike to find out this is what i think of all this ti crud who cares i weigh 250 pounds yes that i right 250 now when i drag race a kid who weighs a puny 105 then wholyshite his bike just whoped my butt but guess what that doesent happen very often because i can RIDE if you are that worried about 2-5 pounds go take a crap or gring 5 pounds off your frame or boots or something hell go weigh you gear and helmet...... now lets think about this for a minute rpm makes a bad ass swing arm i watch stocker alluminums crack and break all the time im mx that is why alluminum swing arm is a nono if you want a mx set up go with a rpm and 250r rear axle/locknut set up this is strong!!! stronger than any stock or aftermarket axle/swing arm set up for banshee using banshee parts it is built differently than any other arm out there look really close at it for drags it is a abit of a different story get a mp swingarm i think these are the best dollar for dollar or if money is no object look into a rpm billet engraved swingarm these are pricy but well worth it they are light look pimpin blingedy blingedy if you are that worried about it breakin then get what works rpm!!!

i have a steel rpm i dont know how much it weighs and i am not going to take it off my bike to find out  this is what i think of all this ti crud  who cares  i weigh 250 pounds yes that i right 250  now when i drag race a kid who weighs a puny 105 then wholyshite his bike just whoped my butt but guess what that doesent happen very often because i can RIDE if you are that worried about 2-5 pounds go take a crap or gring 5 pounds off your frame or boots or something hell go weigh you gear and helmet......  now lets think about this for a minute  rpm makes a bad ass swing arm  i watch stocker alluminums crack and break all the time im mx that is why alluminum swing arm is a nono  if you want a mx set up go with a rpm and 250r rear axle/locknut set up  this is strong!!! stronger than any stock or aftermarket axle/swing arm set up for banshee using banshee parts  it is built differently than any other arm out there look really close at it  for drags it is a abit of a different story  get a mp swingarm  i think these are the best dollar for dollar or if money is no object look into a rpm billet engraved swingarm  these are pricy but well worth it  they are light look pimpin blingedy blingedy  if you are that worried about it breakin then get what works rpm!!!

For the price that RPM charges I'd rather get a titanium swingarm that has a lifetime warranty, also I did shave off all of that weight on my frame so I guess instead of the weight savings being 5 lb's it's 10 lb's now! WEEEEEEEE! :D I just got my stocker back so I'm gonna go weigh it.

• 11 years later...

For the price that RPM charges I'd rather get a titanium swingarm that has a lifetime warranty, also I did shave off all of that weight on my frame so I guess instead of the weight savings being 5 lb's it's 10 lb's now! WEEEEEEEE! biggrin.gif I just got my stocker back so I'm gonna go weigh it.

What did that TI swingarm end up weighing?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk