394 Stroker Top Speed Problems

rg97

Got the GPS out for my 394 today, surprised that it would only barely go 70 down my road. Im running 102 octance fuel, 20 in tires, full fenders, and a stock ratio. What could be the cause? everything you need to know about it is in my signature. any questions about it, ask! I can answer them. Thanks in advance

-rg

Could be worse, I have a set of 18's on ITP rims that are coming off asap for a set of 22's, just haven't decided which tire yet

Fenders are staying on. This is more for backyard/dune fun that top speed anyways. I just thought it was strange because I've seen bone stock shees that go 70

gearing

motor weak on top and running out of fuel

motor running to lean from fuel starve and about to blow the hell up..

thats what i would check.   to run top speed for any amount of time usually takes a pretty rich mixture...  plus  timing, electrical, motor condiditon, air filter tire size wind speed etc will ALL affect this issue.  

• Like 1

Jesse, thanks for actually answering

Everything is good. The 102 race gas was my dad's idea not mine. apparently $15 a gallon makes it run faster  :confused: . we have the jetting perfect for it. when we bought it, the pilot and main were waaay rich, we have it very slightly rich right now, because im not going to chance a lean-engine breakdown. I never did a compression test, but I have 22cc domes, and its not easy to kick over. I was thinking too that since the T5's are made for a stock engine, they arent big enough to give me the full top end power. in 6th wot, it just keeps going till it revs out, no flat spot. I was going to buy a +1 tooth front sprocket anyways

after i get though this tank of gas, we were going to switch to normal (2 stroke) gas so we can save the 102 for silver lake. definitely will get new mains for normal gas. I'll throw a richer main in and see what happens. last thing i want it to do is blow up

The dealer i get my gas from sells up to 120 octane, not going to go for that  :D

ill do a plug chop and report

after i get though this tank of gas, we were going to switch to normal (2 stroke) gas so we can save the 102 for silver lake. definitely will get new mains for normal gas. I'll throw a richer main in and see what happens. last thing i want it to do is blow up

The dealer i get my gas from sells up to 120 octane, not going to go for that :D

ill do a plug chop and report

. are you using performance enhancing or just leaded race fuel. You will be fine with 92 on a stock motor you aren't going to benefit with expensive gas unless its VP,trick, or others that are oxygenated and performance enhancing gas. If you have higher compression,advanced timing etc. You will need the higher octane to prevent detonation or "engine ping". A common sign would be your plugs backing out on their own