think its seized?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out there and pulled both pipes amd metal shavings fell out of the right exhaust. So where do I go from here?

If chunks of piston fell out of the pipe, they're also down in the cases, bearings, etc. You need do a complete motor teardown. At this point, it's not totally necessary to do a leakdown test, because you are going to reseal anything that could leak. However, it could possibly give you a clue as to why it melted down. Buy a clymer manual, flywheel puller, and impact driver before you start. It's also nice to have a clutch hub holder, but not totally necessary if you have an impact wrench with a 1 1/4" or 32 mm socket.

Leakdown test is a must. It will let you know if a leak caused it or not. If it wasn't a leak and you "fix" the motor it will happen again.

And if you have an impact you don't need a clutch hub holder. Just leave all of the fibers and plates in place and press on them with your hand.

Site sponsors are awesome, but any local machine shop can bore and hone your cylinders. Let them examine how much (if any) it needs to be bored then order pistons. Give them the pistons so they can bore to the exact clearance needed for the new piston.

Ok guys I pulled the jugs and looked at the piston the top of it was black. The rings were absolutely fine there was no scoremarks in the cylinders the bottom of the connecting rod where it goes around the crank had shattered.

Ok guys I pulled the jugs and looked at the piston the top of it was black. The rings were absolutely fine there was no scoremarks in the cylinders the bottom of the connecting rod where it goes around the crank had shattered.

You blew up a connecting rod?

Yessir and the chunk that is missing I'm pretty sure its what is jammed up my kick. But How did this happen any one have ne idea??

Nope. The "crank case" and trans are totally seperate. That bearing must have had some serious slop in it or melted down. Can you see any color in the crank as far as blueing? Or heat related signs? If not your crank may have began to seperate and the side to side play in the rod was to much blowing it up.

Sorry man I know it will help but I currently don't have access to a computer and my phone won't allow me to upload a pic to here. But the connecting rod was black n the other one was a brownish gold color. Does that mean that the connecting rod melted? The crank and crankcase inside are still clean as a whistle.

Sorry man I know it will help but I currently don't have access to a computer and my phone won't allow me to upload a pic to here. But the connecting rod was black n the other one was a brownish gold color. Does that mean that the connecting rod melted? The crank and crankcase inside are still clean as a whistle.

You ran it lean. Sounds a lot like straight gas was dumped in it