Brand new oem banshee frame

I have a brand new oem frame that I order roughly a month and a half ago from Rocky Mountain for $700. Looking to sell it for 600 I never even unwrapped it its still on the pallet and in the metal framing and shrink wrap it came in. I can deliver depending on distance I can send pics if you email me @ k4gsxr1000@yahoo.com

It does not have a title or papers it doesn't come with any from Rocky Mountain

I bought one from a Yamaha dealer a couple years back, they come the same way from there as well, no papers or title. they have no VIN #'s on them. good price for a new frame in the crate. GLWS

Their is no VIN because it is sold as a bare frame not a complete unit. When I worked at the stealership Yamaha recommended that when swapping frame to stamp the VIN off of the trashed frame on the new frame. Then cut up the old frame and destroy the frame tube that have the VIN stamped on it.

I was told at the Yamaha dealer when I picked mine up, (keep in mind, this is their story, not mine) that the reason they do not come with a vin # is for two reasons. one being that Yamaha is selling a part, and not a titled motorized vehicle. two, it would make it too easy to make a stolen bike a legitimate unit. both make sense to me, is it the real reason, well that would be any ones guess.

So either through rocky or the dealer, neither one supplies an MSO sheet? (manufacturers state of origin) I could understand the VIN thing since its not street legal or in production any longer, but no proof of ownership whatsoever? Not even from the dealer? What if you want to put insurance on it? you need a VIN. I guess you'd just be shit out of luck??

So either through rocky or the dealer, neither one supplies an MSO sheet? (manufacturers state of origin) I could understand the VIN thing since its not street legal or in production any longer, but no proof of ownership whatsoever? Not even from the dealer? What if you want to put insurance on it? you need a VIN. I guess you'd just be shit out of luck??

Here if ya register it which all ohv has to be registered if it doesnt have a vin they give you one for it how you think guys do it do aftermarket/homemade frames

They will not provide a MSO because its just the frame, just like it you buy a new a arm. It's just a part.  MSO and VIN's are only issued for complete units.

Just contact your local sheriff's office and have them issue you a VIN number and explain that its a new factory frame with no VIN.  They have you fill out some paperwork, give you a VIN number to stamp in the frame, or a VIN tag that you have to attach to the frame somehow.  Once that's done they come back and inspect it and give you another piece of paper stating its good, you take that paper to the DMV and they will issue you a title for it.  It takes some time and some paperwork, but it can be done, and after that you will have a 100% legit, legal, titled frame.