-2.5 Swingarm Ride Review

txblueshee

I'm currently running a duece's old -2.5 swingarm, stock a-arms w/ flipped front rims, front elka sports/racing shocks, ride height about 13''(shocks setup for +2 arms), and stock back shock. I can adjust the swingarm to -1 3/4'' to -3 1/4'' via the chain adjusters. I'm running it at right about -2'', well I'm just gonna quit rambling and cut to the chase.....

The local tracks around here range from HARD rock/dirt mix to sandy-dirt loam mix, I run 15/41 gears w/ 20x11x10 razrs w/ that setup I can leave the line at about 5-6000rpm and slip the clutch to keep the front end about 6''-1' off the ground which gets me consecutive holeshots. I love the look on a modded 440ex riders face when I pass him in woops that a stock-armed 'shee fights to make it through alive (I know from experience). The bike actually reacts to the rear brake/clutch in the air, I can hit jumps in 2nd gear and land 90degrees from the launch (never could w/ the stock arm). My 'shee is now more like a dirtbike, if i'm on the front of the seat and punch it i'm just gonna hook and be gone... if i'm on the back then the wheels are skyward bound. I picked up about 3-4seconds w/ the cut swingarm not even pushing it. Now if my quad launches straight up into the air, I can grab the clutch/ stomp the rear brake and bring it back down. The bike is overall just more predictable... you don't have to have miss cleo riding beside you to tell what a hell is about to break loose when you launch off in 4th gear. Sorry for the book but I tried to cover everything that somebody could ask about who races mx.

If anyone wants to add any info feel free, any questions just ask.

HELL YA!!!! It takes like 1.5' off your turning radius, you can whip the back end around w/ out throttle if the RPM's are up. You can pull wheelies ON GRAVEL ROADS!!! I was on a dry gravel road (80%of the roads in my town), pinned it in 3rd while leaning back and ripped a high speed wheelie B) . So needless to say it gives you more that just a "little more traction". You might want to look into cut and welding your pegs 2''back and 1'' lower also (Banchetta knows about this).

Mike

HELL YA!!!!  It takes like 1.5' off your turning radius, you can whip the back end around w/ out throttle if the RPM's are up.  You can pull wheelies ON GRAVEL ROADS!!!  I was on a dry gravel road (80%of the roads in my town), pinned it in 3rd while leaning back and ripped a high speed wheelie B) .  So needless to say it gives you more that just a "little more traction".  You might want to look into cut and welding your pegs 2''back and 1'' lower also (Banchetta knows about this).

Mike

keep the stock pegs though........the -2 controls are fun on trails but for mx your laying on your front end.....

HELL YA!!!!  It takes like 1.5' off your turning radius, you can whip the back end around w/ out throttle if the RPM's are up.  You can pull wheelies ON GRAVEL ROADS!!!  I was on a dry gravel road (80%of the roads in my town), pinned it in 3rd while leaning back and ripped a high speed wheelie B) .  So needless to say it gives you more that just a "little more traction".  You might want to look into cut and welding your pegs 2''back and 1'' lower also (Banchetta knows about this).

Mike

keep the stock pegs though........the -2 controls are fun on trails but for mx your laying on your front end.....

Really?? You like the stock pegs better for mx??? I thought it helped throw my weight from the front to the rear a lot more easier and vise versa. Especially for cornering and in the air.....I also feel like I'm too close to the handlebars w/ the stock foot pegs too, but I'm also 6'2"....

Interesting,,everytime I get on a stock shee, thats the first thing I notice and hate, but thats me and thats what I like....I do know what you mean by having a light front end out of the corners though....thats w/ you running 18" tires?? Maybe gear it down to break those tires loose a little??? Just a thought.....Its what works for you!!! :rolleyes: