just removed tors,, having problem keeping bike running

Thanks for all the advice! Got new screws on the way, but planning a ride this weekend. My bike use to start 1st or 2nd Kick no choke, but now I need to choke when it's cold to start. Also it seems to fire better out of one side on warmup, but seems to fix itself when warmed up. Is this ok to take out for a weekend ride?

If your carbs are sync'd you can idle it with the throttle cable. I ran a carb with an idle screw and one without for a long time. No issues. Make sure you put the choke tube back. And you cant run at all without the air screws but I think you had them confused with the idle screws. And having to choke to start is good. If you can start with no choke your pilot/air screws are too rich.

Thanks for all the advice! Got new screws on the way, but planning a ride this weekend. My bike use to start 1st or 2nd Kick no choke, but now I need to choke when it's cold to start. Also it seems to fire better out of one side on warmup, but seems to fix itself when warmed up. Is this ok to take out for a weekend ride?

You mentioned that you changed the exhaust and upped your jets to 260's. These sound a little too small and could cause the problems you're describing. Don't know what all else you have done to your motor, but usually pipes are gonna need 27.5 pilots and 280 or 290 mains.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bike is pretty much stock. Fmf front to back, k&n with cover on and snorkel removed, carbon fiber reeds (not sure which kind). Pilot jet is stock, and I did have 280"s for mains, the only reason I changed to 260 was because they sent those jets along with the pipes, so I figured that's what was recommended. From what I hear I should have left the 280. Will also increase pilots next time I have carbs apart. Thanks guys!

DO NOT use the cable screws to adjust idle..  the cutouts at the bottom of the slides go OUT.  towards the air filter..   also make sure your choke tube is in there ( common to leave that out)  AND  if you took both bowls off at the same time make sure you didnt put the choke bowl on the wrong carb..   the choke bowl has the choke supply plumbed and jetted for the pickup.  

the "kits" come with great instrustions and in those instrustions they say to GET an idle screw setup. 

DO NOT use the cable screws to adjust idle.. the cutouts at the bottom of the slides go OUT. towards the air filter.. also make sure your choke tube is in there ( common to leave that out) AND if you took both bowls off at the same time make sure you didnt put the choke bowl on the wrong carb.. the choke bowl has the choke supply plumbed and jetted for the pickup.

the "kits" come with great instrustions and in those instrustions they say to GET an idle screw setup.

Oops! I might have mixed them up my self, how do I tell which one is which

The bowl that goes on the left carb has a little "BB" in the front outside of the bowl. That is where it was drilled for the jet to feed fuel to the choke plunger, and then the hole plugged off, with that BB.

Thank you