Carb issues?...

So some of you read my first thread "something like a barn find," well after sitting for 9 years I got it out and running again and I've been piddling with it today, it was running super strong, then it started idling really high, then it idled back down and pretty much died. But it fired right back up first kick like always, I noticed it was smoking quite a bit more on one side earlier especially when I just snapped the throttle and let right off. Well it started running worse so I cupped my hand over the pipe on the side smoking a load, looked like to raw fuel, and it seemed to be a small steady stream of compression, as to the other side was thumping like the banshee sounds. So I swapped plugs and then it reversed and done all of that on the opposite side. As I've mentioned I'm not real inclined on carbs, much less two, but I did take the air screws all the way in and backed them out a round and a half on each side, my right idle screw acts like its stripped it doesn't ever come to a stop while turning in but the left one is fine. I treated both idle screws as they were both fine and brought them out to where I thought it was idling ok. Keep in mind I only took my carbs out and cleaned them very thoroughly, I didn't rebuild them. And it still has the reeds that have sit for 9 years. It's not losing any water anywhere. This is probably a ridiculous thread but I searched everywhere and couldn't seem to find my exact situation. Any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Had a similar problem with my shee, sounds like.your fouling a plug. If let mine idle too much or drive too slow it starts fouling plugs. If i get on it good and keep it revved higher, even if its driving slowly i down shift to keep the rpms up. Keeps the plugs from getting full of crap. I was getting a lot of raw fuel from my left pipe, but if i drive it in the powerband im fine. I guees i dont know if mine is normal but it works for me and gives.me a validation to drive it fast. :)

All of a sudden idling high is a symptom of running out of gas. Have you looked in the tank recently? Could also be one of the carb manifolds decided to crack from old age. Visually inspect them near where the rubber bosses are for the crossover tube. If unsure, maybe do a leakdown test again just to be safe. I assume it still has the TORS boxes on top of the carbs. When you mention turning the right idle screw and it acts like it's stripped, are you talking about the big black plastic screw on the TORS top? If so, you need to fix that or do a TORS removal kit. Best to get the TORS removal kit. If you can't sync the carbs, that's BAD.  As far as the slides, here is the carb sync tool every Banshee owner should own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Dellorto-Mikuni-SU-EMPI-Carb-Carburetor-Sync-Synchronizer-Synchrometer-NEW-/121089898051?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c31853643&vxp=mtr

You mention that you swapped the plugs and the miss followed. You have a fowled plug.

I'm sorry didn't mean to sound completely retarded lol, I realize I'm fouling a plug I just didn't know if anyone has had the exact same situation before, it was just weird because it was running damn good. The big flathead screw on top of the tors is what doesn't act like it will screw all the way in so I can see how far to come out. I guess I could run them out and turn them in to set my idle. I will definitely get a sync tool, thank you guys. I'll change plugs tomorrow and see how that goes. I wish I wasn't so tight right now to by a 2-1 kit, sounds much simpler.

get the TORS eliminator kit.  Not only does it solve the problem of the TORS brain causing issues and leaving you stranded...but it also makes working on the carbs makes it REAL nice to work on.  AND it comes with actual idles screws (which are what your talking seem stripped out) which will be placed directly into the side of the carb.