Help with Carb Slide

Matt22

I recently changed the jetting on my banshee. When I took the top of the carb, I un did the two screws holding the spring and throttle cable to the slide.... Only problem is now I can't figure out how it goes back together. Does the spring sit under the brass or silver portion or just sit in there and stay due to pressure? Looking at it I've figured one screw pushes the bracket over to hold the throttle cable, but what's the proper way to put it back together? Any help?

Grab a zip tie, wrap the zip tie through or around the spring then on top of your carb cap or T.O.R.S. box, (whichever is on top of your carb) and compress the spring up against the cap/box.

You have 2 peices down there in the slides, one is cast, the other is brass. take the brass completely out of the way, Slide your throttle cable into the cast peice and put your screws in there. Tighten them down. Now you can slide in your brass piece (part the holds the cable from slipping out) 

Now just cut the zip tie and make sure the spring is sitting all the way down into the carb slide like it's supposed to be.

That's it, you're done!

Nope, they have notches they slide into.

Easiest way to recognize if you have them in right. Look at your actual carb slide on the bottom, one side is beveled almost like a half moon, the other is flat all the way down the cylindrical side of the slide.

That half moon side of the slide needs to face toward your airbox/filter. It may take some wiggling side to side, but the slide should go all the way down into the carb (assuming your idle screws are out of the way) 

Then you get to sync them! Just search "banshee carb sync" on youtube.