Crank Seals and fork shaft case plug.

04_blu_shee

I have my cases and all parts cleaned getting ready to put my motor back together, Do you guys put case sealer on the Crank Seals or not. And a second question when I took my shift forks off of the shafts I had to tap on the plug on the  case half to get the shafts out. I just tapped the plug back in place, will it leak now or will it still have a good seal.

They're not really supposed to be taken out, but you can get new ones from Yamaha. I worked on a bike that had 1 of the plugs leaking. I figured I could drill and tap the plug and stick a screw in it and pry the plug out. I started with a small drill bit. Well, even though I drilled with very light pressure, the plug started to spin. Eventually I was able to get a hole drilled into it deep enough to get a sheet metal screw started into it and then it pulled out with very little effort. Even though I had already bought a new plug from Yamaha, I decided that the hole in the case was probably too loose, so I made my own plug on the lathe with a .003" taper and drove that sucker in with some loctite.