Banshee 2-1 carb engine misses on left cylinder.

mccarthy_21

desperate for advice. I purchased a 97 banshee saturday, and that day i never noticed it, i even felt the exhaust pipes, but it is not firing on left cylinder. The engine and exhaust are stock. Has stage 1V trinity 2-1 carb setup, new stator and cdi which is red i believe a ricks hot shot. All previously installed by owner. oh ya right sides warms up and sounds great, and left occasionally pops.

what I've done:

-cycled two new plugs thru Left side

-checked spark, and both side have great spark, and i believe both sides fire everytime?

-single carb setup getting fuel

-check reeds look good

-swapped plug wires for hell of it

-searched harness for bad spots

-grounds seem good

-i could not find my compression kit, and this is cheesy but i could not hold my finger over hole, both sides popped off with resonable force.

-could not get flywheel off to check key, my tool broke i even used a little heat and slight hammer taps.

Granted i need to truly check compression what am i missing.

please visit link for more info:http://www.trx250r.net/forum/engine-transmission/21183-banshee-2-1-carb-engine-misses-left-cylinder.html

• 2 weeks later...

I did leak down test putting 6lbs in for 6 minutes and 4 after the 6 mintes were up.  The compression was 30psi left and 60psi right.  Upon tear down left piston was scored and both cylinders were beyond out of spec, so i punched it out to 65mm.  Still same pronlem as before good psi though.  I have oem cdi on the way.  Will be inspecting stator area more after i make a puller.  Does the 2 into 1 carb play any affect here.  also posted on http://www.trx250r.net/forum/engine-transmission/21183-banshee-2-1-carb-engine-misses-left-cylinder.html

thanks

its the next thread below this one but here ya go:

Next, here are some electrical specifications for an '87 and up Banshee:

Stator resistance:
Ignition coil should be 13.7-20.5 Ohms (red to green wire)
Pickup coil should be 94-140 Ohms (white/red to white/green wire)
Lighting coil should be 0.26-0.38 Ohms (black to yellow wire)

Coil resistance:
Primary coil should be 0.28-0.38 Ohms
Secondary coil should be 4,700-7,100 Ohms

Pickup coil gap: 0.015"-0.020"

Spark plug: NGK BR8ES

Spark plug gap: 0.7-0.8mm (0.028-0.032")