Single Carb

Junk, stick with duals. The only reason you would need that, is if your inept at tuning..

Junk, stick with duals. The only reason you would need that, is if your inept at tuning..

Or maybe your inept at tuning a single.

Don't listen to that crap. I have a bike that was running a single and after switching to twin 28's showed virtualy no change. Plus all my shit is dyno tuned so I don't have to bore you with stupid Butt Dyno opinions. I'll just stick with FACT.

Till you hit 70+hp...it's not even an issue.

Don't listen to that crap. I have a bike that was running a single and after switching to twin 28's showed virtualy no change. Plus all my shit is dyno tuned so I don't have to bore you with stupid Butt Dyno opinions. I'll just stick with FACT.

Sounds about right. Only issue in my opinion is which manifold you use.
  • Like 1

A banshee is essentially 2 engines... Why would you want 1 carb feeding 2 engines?....  IMO they run better w/ duals and are more responsive.. May not make any more or less power but they are WAY crisper...  Look at most if not all multiple cyl race bikes (not just banshees), they have 1 venturi per cyl...

A banshee is essentially 2 engines... Why would you want 1 carb feeding 2 engines?....  IMO they run better w/ duals and are more responsive.. May not make any more or less power but they are WAY crisper...  Look at most if not all multiple cyl race bikes (not just banshees), they have 1 venturi per cyl...

If you ever rode motocross you might have a different opinion, the twin carbs can be hell on you thumb. It takes a lot more spring to return 2 carbs back to idle.

A banshee is essentially 2 engines... Why would you want 1 carb feeding 2 engines?.... IMO they run better w/ duals and are more responsive.. May not make any more or less power but they are WAY crisper... Look at most if not all multiple cyl race bikes (not just banshees), they have 1 venturi per cyl...

Yeah, yeah.....now you trying to debate something based off theory not real world experience.

Hey NASCAR motors are 8 engines fed with one carb. Gee are those guys dumb huh?

If you want "crisp" throttle...you run a single or twin 28's. If your motor doesn't make enough power to justifiy bigger carbs....then why do it?

I can make 70+ hp with stock 26's.

I can also make 70+ hp with a single 35PWK on a Graydon intake.

So...why tune 2 carbs if it isn't going to do anything for you?

Ever done a jet change on a single? You just roll the carb to one side and have easy access to the main jet. Gotta change a pilot? Just pull the carb cap and fuel libe and the whole carb come out it you hand filter and all.

1/2 the jetting work, 1/2 the throttle effort, better protection from water and mud since it's totaly behind the motor....like a tail.

Don't bash till you know.

Sounds about right. Only issue in my opinion is which manifold you use.

I agree completely. This is one point I can't make clear enough. The billet ones do keep the carb nice and close to the reeds, but the airflow angles kill the flow.

The ONLY style single intake I like is the Graydon. No they don't make them anymore....but they pop up on Ebay all the time.

Im New to this Banshee Forum and I was on Youtube Looking thru a few Videos and i think i Seen a Guy with a Banshee and it only had 1 carb, Is it Possible to Run just 1 carb and if so is there any Pros an Cons

I ran the single and went back to dual stockers. From my experience, the single fell on its face in the top end. Bottom and mid range were ok...but I did not like top end performance......

I ran the single and went back to dual stockers. From my experience, the single fell on its face in the top end. Bottom and mid range were ok...but I did not like top end performance......

Your needles or jetting were off. Nothing should "Fall on it's face" until your pipes sign off.

Your needles or jetting were off. Nothing should "Fall on it's face" until your pipes sign off.

Its very well possible that jetting was off...but I did adjust needles and had a professional tuner set up carb....I just like the overall power delivery of the stockers better