Anyone got a yfz?

ledofthezep

Guys,...I have to admit. After last weekend at the dunes I'm sold on the new yammy. I want one to say the least; excuse me for considering moving to the dark side. I'm pondering the idea of selling both of my banshees to get one. I'd rather just trade out right for a yfz in good condition, stock or not. I'm not set on this, but am wondering if there'll be any takers; don't know if I could part with my baby,...but maybe. Plus if I do as I plan & start MX'n hardcore, the yfz would be better for me anyhow, I think. :roll: If I were to sell both of my banshees together I'd start out asking 10,000 for both, which is a steal considering what you get. Then I could buy me a new yfz & some mods too...but I hate selling stuff....so....let me hear what ya got. :wink: I can get pics upon request.

Mods:

'97 MX-ready Banshee black/red*My Baby*(have title, will have to find it)

Ported & Polished - mild

Milled Head

Dyno Jet Kit

Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch

Chrome Pro-Circuit Platinum Pipes & Silencers

+2+1 LoneStar Chrome A-arms

Works Triple Rate Shocks w/Rezzies

-2 Burgard Swingarm w/round house Honda style bearing carrier

Ohlins Rear Shock

Durable Eliminator axle w/Honda hubs

Graydon Proline Nerf bars

Toomey 2:1 w/UNI filter & Outerwear

White Bro's Boost Bottle & Break Block-Off

Fly Racing Handlebars w/pro-grips

MSR Raptor Clutch Perch & Lever

TM Design Works Chain Slider

GTYR full chassis skid

AC-Racing swingarm skid

Custom Race Cut Front fenders

For the dirt: Maxxis Razrs all around on reinforced wheels(20" rear) X-cond.

For the sand: Sand Kings 8pd Turbo paddles(maybe 3 hrs riding-Xcond) & SkatTrak Mohawk fronts on Doulgas .160's, also in X-cond.

Outerwear's Shockwears - front & back

Cascade polished grill & 'eye' light covers

Polished gas cap, footpegs, & brake

'99 banshee(traded for a dirtbike, no title)

- dark blue metallic frame/yellow fenders & stock gray a-arms/swingarm

& yellow shocks

Bored .02 wiesco pro-lites

Trinity stage IV pipes/silencers

Cascade chain slider/new spare also

Graydon Proline 2:1 w/35mm pwk carb

9paddle skat trak haulers in x-cond.

stock tires/goldwheels(rear with about 60% life left)

Have some spare/stock parts to include as well.

Now does that sound like that bad of a steal? Someone could literally trade me, sell the banshees & laugh at the deal they just got if they wanted. If you have a yfz & want a banshee, why not have 2?hehe I still dunno if I can do it, but I could be persuaded... :lol: Let me know...

Led Zeppelin 8)

The YFZ's that good, huh led? I haven't ridden one yet, but hey at least you're not going for a TRX, heh. Too bad you don't have a title on the '99, if it was me I'd try like hell to sell it and keep the '97, put as much as you can on a down payment and finance the rest...I think you can get some good hp without much investment on the YFZ (airbox lid, remove the peashooter, maybe advance the timing @ the chain). But it's your call man, good luck. You might even come across someone that has to get out of payments on a YFZ, I haven't looked at traderonline.com for any but you never know...

I've kicked around that idea too, I don't know that I could part with my baby. :cry: But man, they are bad ass. I handed the guy dragg'n me his ass every time, but only by about 4 bike lengths & his was bone stock w/paddles. The more I think about it I'd rather sell than trade so I could get more out of the deal, 10,000 for both bikes really is one hell of a deal. And I'm stuck with about just under 4g's left on the yammy card from when I bought the TTR250, which I traded for the '99....and about 15,500 on my truck. And if I don't get the g/f a GD enguagement ring before long it's my ass. hehe So I dunno, I'm not in a big hurry and won't be a damn bit dissapointed if I don't find a deal. I just have too much of a bond with my banshee, the '99...it's as good as sold to me...don't know what I could get out of it though. :roll: Plus, once the g/f finishes college she should be banking well over 100k a year, so I may just wait & get a couple yfz's down the road & still have the 'ol banshee. Soo...for now, the shee's still for me! :lol:

My 1st offer....God Damn I don't know if I should or not.... :roll: ...as much as I'd love to I don't know if I could part with my banshee(s)....what do you all think??

"As it sits now it has about 30

hrs on it of duning. I have the full Sparks pipe and

filter setup with LSR braided brake lines. I have

switched to the OEM YZ450 twist throttle(110 dollars)

as well as installed a set of CR bend pro-tapers. I

also have two sets of tires. The stock dirt tires

which have about 1 hour on them in grass and the sand

tire setup which is mowhawks and haulers. I have the

JD jet kit installed along with a Zip-Ty mixture screw

and P-38 accelerator plate and the YZ exhaust cam. Also has an AC grab bar now."

:?: :?: :?: :roll: :?: :?: :?:

yfz.jpg

Nah,...for both. But I dunno....I have a lot of time & money invested in my banshees....finally got some updated pics though! :lol: Check'm out, I'd sell both together for 10,000 - really a damn good deal if you ask me. I need the money to get some bills paid off anyway, so instead of trading I may just wait & sell them outright. Oh yeah,...there' some pics of Bonzo, the 'security' :twisted: hehe

http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/MyBanshees

Oct22%2313.jpg

Some sexy bitches huh!? :lol: My front left tire is a bit low & makes it look kinda funny... :roll: For more pics just click on the link above or check the images section here in a bit...[/img]

well i am glad you didnt trade

i rode a 450 the same week they were released in australia and wasnt too impressed, plenty of balls but a bit squashe and stiff also felt like more of a toy dont like the rear swingarm they look a little too..... pretty.

top ride but not comparable to the mighty bansheeeeee

• 2 weeks later...
aww man what are u thinking! that 450 is sharp tho. is what i'm hearing true? are raptors and 450's banshee killers or no? i say keep 1 shee sell the other and finance a 450.have best of both worlds.

Yep !!!!!!!!!! I'd like to have one, but I'm not to the point of trading. If I had an extra banshee to trade for one, I'd be thinkin...

I've came to the decision that I will not be able to part with my banshee. So shee's not for sale unless I'm offered more than what I've got into it. The yellow shee is for sale, will either use the money to pay off a loan & get the g/f an EX or possibly use for a downpayment on a yfz...not sure yet. :unsure: