Question for you guys running methanol.

Finch

so first big weekend is a week away. Me and a friend both have a bike that runs on it i was thinking buying 15 or so gals and he was thinking 10. So my question would be if there is enough of a price discount is it worth buying a drum. as saying how long will it safely keep im sure it would be burned up in 2-4 months is that to long? Just curious if its worth it or just buying a bunch of 5 gal cans

i wouldn't fuck with a drum.  not sure on the price drop up there, but from smiley's here, its only like $.10 a gallon or something.  i bought a drum a while ago and got tired of lugging that thing around.  now, i just fill a few 5 gallon jugs around.  much easier and less hassle overall.  just my opinion of course.

We can get a 17gallon drum down here works out pretty good. Store it sealed tight and off the concrete like on a block. 6mos would not be an issue. Alky absorbs moisture so if your worried about it pour it throuh a chamois. i run around 5 gal per day when at the hill.

• Like 1

Aint no way I will pay 53 bucks for a 5 gallon can of VP !  a few years back me and friend paid 225 bucks for a 50 gal drum " not VP" and it kept fine for 6 mos . I buy it now from a local distrubuter for  4 bucks a gallon  pumped in to your own  can  .    you pay an extra 5 bucks a gallon for the VP name .

VP M1 alcohol is no different than any run of the mill alcohol. VP charges quite a bit more because they are not in the alcohol market unlike they're race fuels, so with that being said they don't do anything other than package the fuel in their pails or drums and sell it at a premium price. We all burn the same thing which is methanol with no upper lube. We all need 99.9% pure for our bikes. Anyone in lower Michigan can call or pm me for a price or I can get u hooked up with it very reasonable. I happen to know about VP fuels because a friend of mine was a regional sales rep for them.